Garmin 66 vs 62S

I went from a 60Csx to a 62S several yrs back.   

A few of my dislikes on the 62s is the battery life, even with a 2 min screen timeout.   The calibrate compass is really a pain since it is 3 axis. 

I have not been keeping up with the releases until I was at REI today and saw the 66s.   

Any one who has had a 66 for a while, could you please comment on battery life and features that I may not have seen on the two units I have owned.

Thanks

So to step back....  What problem are you having with battery life?  It should be the same for a 62 as for a 60, around 12 hours.

As for as features go, the 66 is quite different and it is well liked around here.  Have you look at the list of differences yourself first?

To be specific in reply to queries I have had a 66st for 9 months now 

Very pleased with it 

Getting 8-10 hours with AA Panasonic pro Eneloop batteries which  I can recharge in 40 mins via USB

The screen has much greater sharpness  and is  daylight readable.  I don't have the backlight on at all.  Screen timeout only kicks in if you use the backlight. You won't need it 

Mirad  of other improvements 

The one to have 

Your 62S is a great unit......as said use the Eneloop Batteries, I always run down before my unit does.

Every outing I install freshly charged Eneloop Batteries and can go over a year or more and never have to calibrate the compass....the voltage is very steady.

Its also important to use a good charger.....I like MAHA.

With MAHA charged Eneloops your 62S problems will be over.

i went with a 66 because it's an only garmin unit (outside of biking dedicated units) that i can use with high frequency recording interval:

- it has 20,000 point ability vs. <=10,000 for other units

- most importantly if you're recording an activity as a .fit it has unlimited point recording.  so i can go on a 6 hr bike ride and not worry about having split tracks at the end of the day.

while still not a clean interface like a new iphone, the auto loading gaches based on where you point your map to (without having to downoad anything to computer first, etc.) is a great feature.  also very much like that you can download birdseye - for a lifetime - directly to the unit without ever having to log into basecamp.  i also hacked my unit so it can accept .njx files generated from SAS planet, something that 62 and 64 also have.