How do I download geocaches on Magellan GC

The Diesel Team

The old plugin is insecure, and is no longer supported by browsers. Only Garmin created a new plugin.

Meanwhile, I still load my Magellan eXplorist the same way I always did, by plugging my device into the USB cord and copying GPX files to its filesystem. That works best with Pocket Queries though, which is a premium feature.

• Helpful 2
8 hours ago, The Diesel Team said:

What happened to downloading geocaches? How do I download them to my Magellan GC? It only lists Garmin.

The "send to Garmin" feature, sort of a replacement to "send to GPS" on this site was created with help from Garmin.

I'd imagine if other manufacturers were concerned, they could have joined in here too.  Magellan and others simply now not compatible.

- But there are many Garmin users who can't use the feature as well, their long-discontinued GPSrs no longer supported/updated.

Other than going PM, loading caches manually is an option, with a small notepad for info/hints.  I've done that for years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2

Magellan doesn't even make handheld GPSr's any more, so they are no longer supported, not even Vantagepoint is getting any more updates. I have a Triton 400, still works fine and Vantage point works mostly, except for downloading from geocaching website. At some point Vantagepoint will some working because of some Windows update.

I recently got a good deal on a Garmin eTrex 30x at Costco($130), so I had to switch, just to stay compatible.