Book Hotel Cache Plans Needed

SabreEagle

I have an opportunity to create a book hotel for a local elementary school and need to include a geocache as part of the build.  Does anyone have plans and/or how to videos about building a book hotel with geocache?  Hoping to make it have a little puzzle to it other than simply putting a opening at the apex of the roof.

Here's a drawing of a simple "fake book" cache I've seen in a Little Free Library (what I assume is what you mean by "book hotel").

LFLCache.png.0e27c1c2a0715a712db721aa9412915f.png

The basic idea is to have a section where the books are stacked flat, rather than being on edge in the shelves the way books are normally placed in book shelves. At the bottom of that stack of books, is a fake book made of wood, with a drawer that contains the cache.

On 8/31/2019 at 9:13 PM, SabreEagle said:

I have an opportunity to create a book hotel for a local elementary school and need to include a geocache as part of the build.  Does anyone have plans and/or how to videos about building a book hotel with geocache?  Hoping to make it have a little puzzle to it other than simply putting a opening at the apex of the roof.

Will the geocache on school grounds be allowed? Or is just a geocache for the students?

• Helpful 2

You said you don't want it in the roof. Mine is in the roof and I think it's okay, as it looks like an attic. Anyway here are some photographs. Looking at a spot on the wall reminds me I need to put the (working) clock back. I wallpapered the space (wrapping paper is better than actually wall paper, as smaller designs are available), put floor-covering and added furniture.

The roof opens on a hinge and is locked, with the combination number in the hint.

Bedded.jpg

Geocaching hotel.jpg

On 9/8/2019 at 3:26 AM, Max and 99 said:

Will the geocache on school grounds be allowed? Or is just a geocache for the students?

Most common idea is to use a fake book cover between other books. You can buy it with no problem - choose something similar to geography or not.

Another idea was to place a typical food container inside a "library - book hotel" - somewhere. I found one bellow a shelf on the ground level.

The problem with a school is a interaction with other people, permission, etc.

The geocache is problematic due to its proximity to a public structure. Examples include highway bridges, major roadways, dams, government buildings, schools, military installations, hospitals, airports and other areas defined in the Regional Geocaching Policies Wiki.