What do you recommend?

Crazedllama

I recently received a log for one of my Earthcaches. All the answers are correct according to the logging requirements. I also have a photo requirement for the cache because it was recently published in line with new guidelines. The geocacher also posted a photo in line with what I ask. 

However, the geocacher gave the answers to the other Earthcache questions in the titles of the photos. I asked them to rename or repost the photos, but I don't expect this geocacher to actually do this. I was going to just delete the photos, but then in the future, other geocachers may question why they must post a photo when this cacher doesn't have one. 

What would you do? 

Thanks for the advice. 

Edited by Crazedllama

I'd wait to hear back for a short amount of time and then delete the photos since they're spoilers.  I'd also add a note stating that the reason the photos were deleted because they were spoilers.  That way you give the reason for why they were deleted and future cachers realize that the finder did have pictures, but not ones that allowed the CO to let them remain.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 3

I'd like to give them a few days to respond, but the last thing I'd want is future folks to be able to armchair the cache in the meantime.

The best way to keep folks informed is on your cache page.  Dark/bold ,  "Spoilers will be deleted" .   Now all know...

You could simply write a note with "Finders logging correctly, but with spoilers in photos, they were removed" for now.

• Helpful 1

Per the Terms of Use of the website:

Publish on our websites the solutions, hints, spoilers, or any hidden coordinates for any geocache without consent from the geocache owner.

I don't think it's necessary to reiterate on the Listing page what is already stated in the TOU.  I would probably log a Note on the Listing page that the image was removed due to a spoiler.  That should make it clear to future Finders what was going on.

• Helpful 2