CO name = [Deleted_User]

DrPflug

56 minutes ago, DrPflug said:

Has anybody seen this before?  Here is one such cache I've seen recently with this:  https://coord.info/GC7F7JQ There  are more .   Why is this??

It apparently causes problems with Challenge Checkers that retrieve the CO name of a cache by returning an invalid geocaching id.   and then the script fails.

In this particular case, you can determine who hid the cache. Can you manually add that to the challenge cache data?

• Upvote 1
23 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

In this particular case, you can determine who hid the cache. Can you manually add that to the challenge cache data?

In this case, what would you add? The hider has had his/her account deleted. The name and Id for that user no longer exist and have no useful value. Frankly, the checker needs to be updated to properly handle this case.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
53 minutes ago, Corfman Clan said:

But the name no longer exists. On those same lines, are you going to change the name back for every cache owner that has changed his/her caching name.

On 8/30/2019 at 3:39 PM, Max and 99 said:

I said in this particular case. The "hidden by name" can be determined.  So if I was working on this challenge cache, that's what I would use. Their name.

I cannot speak in general terms. I agree that it would be helpful for the checker to be tweaked.

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I said in this particular case. The "hidden by name" can be determined.  So if I was working on this challenge cache, that's what I would use. Their name.

I cannot speak in general terms. I agree that it would be helpful for the checker to be tweaked.

Perhaps what the hidden name used to be can be determined, but now there isn't a name. If the owner's name is needed for a challenge, this cache should no longer be used. Likewise, if a cache owner changes his/her geocaching name, it may very well impact that same challenge. That's why I brought up that scenario. At any rate, I've said as much as I feel the need to here.