Yellow dot on message

Pieman

I have a yellow dot against a specific two message thread with another cacher that I have read multiple times without clearing the dot. I have tried reinstalling the app but this didn't solve it.  Any ideas? I know it's not related to souvenirs or drafts as it is against a specific thread and in any case I have no drafts and have viewed all souvenirs in the app.

7 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I have a yellow dot against a specific two message thread with another cacher that I have read multiple times without clearing the dot. I have tried reinstalling the app but this didn't solve it.  Any ideas? I know it's not related to souvenirs or drafts as it is against a specific thread and in any case I have no drafts and have viewed all souvenirs in the app.

Mine is apparently permanent!

• Helpful 1
On 8/30/2019 at 6:56 AM, Pieman said:

Maybe it might get fixed when another update comes other wise you might wanna email HQ about it.

My permadot is for a souvenir. It appeared at the start of the Mystery at the Museum challenge and has remained ever since, despite opening it, uninstalling/reinstalling and everything else I can think of. It disappears when I access the souvenir page through the app but reappears with the message Souvenirs (New) every time I go back. It's a minor annoyance but annoying all the same. 

Edited by Just_Matt
1 hour ago, DE_Cryptoman said:

I too had a permanent yellow dot.  It was on a message I sent to a fellow cacher.  It would not go away.  About a month and half later, I had the opportunity to send another message to same cacher.  Once I sent that second message, the yellow dot disappeared.

I went thru every message to make sure they were all marked as read, and the yellow dot remained. You give me hope that one day if I exchange a message with the right person, the dot will disappear. ?

• Upvote 1