Sharing a cache page as it is being prepared. Possible?

Hi all, and hope its been a great season of caching for you.

I and a colleague are thinking of setting out a cache together, but we live in different communities.  Is there any way to share the fledgling cache page, as I'm working on it with him, before it is sent to the volunteer reviewers? 

Many thanks.

Nunavut Taidy

37 minutes ago, Nunavut Taidy said:

Is there any way to share the fledgling cache page, as I'm working on it with him, before it is sent to the volunteer reviewers? 

You may take snapshots and share... or just hand him the password of your profile and vice-versa.

How about to create a new profile, that both of you can access?

• Upvote 1

The easiest way to share it is probably to print the page, then select the "Print to PDF" option in the print menu. Then you can email the PDF to your friend.

The suggestion RuideAlmeida offered about creating a shared account that you can both access is another workable option. 

• Upvote 1

The new profile with shared access is a convenient idea. You don't have to publish the cache under that account, either. When it's all ready, simply copy all the HTML stuff onto your own profile's cache page. This does, though, "use up" a GC code (wasted on the shared account which now won't publish that cache) and honestly I'm not sure how people feel about that. Does it matter?

Edited by Korichnovui
5 hours ago, Nunavut Taidy said:

I and a colleague are thinking of setting out a cache together, but we live in different communities.  Is there any way to share the fledgling cache page, as I'm working on it with him, before it is sent to the volunteer reviewers? 

We have a few groups here that have basic,  "group" accounts.  All members have the password to log in/edit.

14 minutes ago, IceColdUK said:

I’ve never been able to find a way to copy my unpublished caches into GSAK.  Have I missed a trick?

Waypoint > New> fill in info... done. You will have to copy each part separately off course, it not CTRL-A > CTRL-C > CTRL-V

It's as simple as that. I use this method every year to make a "cache" containing WPs of sights to visit so I can just choose a WP and "navigate" to it (opening Waze). It also gives me a nice overview on a city map where everything is (I use a tablet, so big map).

Edited by on4bam

Earlier this was easy because you could adopt the cache before it was published but this feature disappeared without a warning. Copying the HTML code is not very good solution because you need also waypoints and attributes. Shared account looks the best solution and you can adopt the cache after it is published.

Edit: Adoption seems to possible. :) You can move the cache from one owner to another until you are both satisfied with the design.

Edited by arisoft

Another option is for you to create the page, then adopt it over to the other account.  The cache page can be adopted back and forth between the two accounts multiple times, if need be.

Unpublished listings pass through the adoption utility just fine.  The page where you can transfer ownership of the cache page is  www.geocaching.com/adopt/

Here's the Help Center Article on this: adopt or transfer a geocache

I see arisoft states,  "this feature disappeared", but it has not; to test, I just did it, passing an unpublished cache page from this account to another account.  I've also sent arisoft an adoption offer of an unpublished event page. 

Archived cache pages will not transfer, that's been true for years. Grandfathered cache types, webcam, virtual, won't adopt.

28 minutes ago, Isonzo Karst said:

I see arisoft states,  "this feature disappeared", but it has not; to test, I just did it, passing an unpublished cache page from this account to another account.  I've also sent arisoft an adoption offer of an unpublished event page. 

I just received the adoption message from you but for some reason the button to accept the adoption was missing. I couldn't adopt the cache. The reason may be my email filtering system. :ph34r:

Edit: Managed to adopt by  Visiting the geocache adoption tool.

Edited by arisoft
On 8/30/2019 at 8:23 AM, IceColdUK said:

I’ve never been able to find a way to copy my unpublished caches into GSAK.  Have I missed a trick?

You certainly have !

Open unpublished cache, click download GPX, drop in GSAK , done.

I know  this didn't work in the past, as I tried everything I could think of to do it around 4 years ago , so I was surprised to find by a little idle experiment a month back that it does now !

• Helpful 2
1 hour ago, hal-an-tow said:

You certainly have !

Open unpublished cache, click download GPX, drop in GSAK , done.

I know  this didn't work in the past, as I tried everything I could think of to do it around 4 years ago , so I was surprised to find by a little idle experiment a month back that it does now !

Ah, good news!  Need to test it out.  Thanks.