Problem sending messages in Message Center

funkymunkyzone

Lately I am experiencing serious difficulties sending messages in the Message Center.  This is in Firefox.

This is what happens:

1. I click on message the owner on a cache page

2. Message center opens and pre-populates with the text Regarding whatever cache

3. I click into the box and type my message

4. I click on Send and the send button fades slightly, and then nothing at all happens

5. After waiting to see if anything will happen, I click back twice to get back to the cache page and then I repeat this process around 20 times (no exaggeration) until finally my message sends.

This is truly painful.

1 hour ago, funkymunkyzone said:

Lately I am experiencing serious difficulties sending messages in the Message Center.  This is in Firefox.

This is what happens:

1. I click on message the owner on a cache page

2. Message center opens and pre-populates with the text Regarding whatever cache

3. I click into the box and type my message

4. I click on Send and the send button fades slightly, and then nothing at all happens

5. After waiting to see if anything will happen, I click back twice to get back to the cache page and then I repeat this process around 20 times (no exaggeration) until finally my message sends.

This is truly painful.

I bolded #4. I honestly thought it was just my Kindle having this issue until I saw others complaining on the forums. I guess I'm lucky, because my message always sends after the second click.

Just checked and I am still experiencing this issue. It only occurs when messages are sent from the link on a cache page. When I send them through a user's profile, they appear normally. In addition, when attempting to send a message through the cache page, the box that normally contains the "drop files here" text is completely gone and I cannot attach any images.

Bug still exists. I am using Chrome. Start with cache page, click on owner to message. New tab brought up, can click send button but nothing happens. Using F12 in the browser I get this console error. Please can you resolve this long standing problem, it is very very annoying.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getUploads' of undefined
    at r.onChildSendMessage (edit-panel.js:85)
    at r._childViewEventHandler (vendor?v=kjos4HvY2tTzLSi8NP-gCqQetz7UryGqZtFiHV5iUdc1:1)
    at l (vendor?v=kjos4HvY2tTzLSi8NP-gCqQetz7UryGqZtFiHV5iUdc1:1)
    at g (vendor?v=kjos4HvY2tTzLSi8NP-gCqQetz7UryGqZtFiHV5iUdc1:1)
    at e (vendor?v=kjos4HvY2tTzLSi8NP-gCqQetz7UryGqZtFiHV5iUdc1:1)
    at r.u.trigger (vendor?v=kjos4HvY2tTzLSi8NP-gCqQetz7UryGqZtFiHV5iUdc1:1)
    at r.y (vendor?v=kjos4HvY2tTzLSi8NP-gCqQetz7UryGqZtFiHV5iUdc1:1)
    at r.triggerMethod (vendor?v=kjos4HvY2tTzLSi8NP-gCqQetz7UryGqZtFiHV5iUdc1:1)
    at r.<anonymous> (vendor?v=kjos4HvY2tTzLSi8NP-gCqQetz7UryGqZtFiHV5iUdc1:1)
    at HTMLDivElement.dispatch (vendor?v=kjos4HvY2tTzLSi8NP-gCqQetz7UryGqZtFiHV5iUdc1:1)
onChildSendMessage @ edit-panel.js:85
_childViewEventHandler @ vendor?v=kjos4HvY2tTzLSi8NP-gCqQetz7UryGqZtFiHV5iUdc1:1
l @ vendor?v=kjos4HvY2tTzLSi8NP-gCqQetz7UryGqZtFiHV5iUdc1:1
g @ vendor?v=kjos4HvY2tTzLSi8NP-gCqQetz7UryGqZtFiHV5iUdc1:1
e @ vendor?v=kjos4HvY2tTzLSi8NP-gCqQetz7UryGqZtFiHV5iUdc1:1
u.trigger @ vendor?v=kjos4HvY2tTzLSi8NP-gCqQetz7UryGqZtFiHV5iUdc1:1
y @ vendor?v=kjos4HvY2tTzLSi8NP-gCqQetz7UryGqZtFiHV5iUdc1:1
triggerMethod @ vendor?v=kjos4HvY2tTzLSi8NP-gCqQetz7UryGqZtFiHV5iUdc1:1
(anonymous) @ vendor?v=kjos4HvY2tTzLSi8NP-gCqQetz7UryGqZtFiHV5iUdc1:1
dispatch @ vendor?v=kjos4HvY2tTzLSi8NP-gCqQetz7UryGqZtFiHV5iUdc1:1
l.handle @ vendor?v=kjos4HvY2tTzLSi8NP-gCqQetz7UryGqZtFiHV5iUdc1:1

• Upvote 1
On 9/4/2019 at 11:15 PM, lodgebarn said:

Detour is to go to owner page then click send message. Paste in the stuff that was not sent and all is fine.

Thanks. This worked for me. I was trying to send some Earthcache and Virtual answers and it was most annoying trying to use the "Message this owner" from the cache page.

As you suggested, I used the  "Message this owner" from the cache page. I typed out my info, then copied the text. I went back to the cache page, clicked on the owners name that took me to the owners profile page. From there I clicked on SEND MESSAGE, pasted my message and then SEND. It went right away.

This is a good work around for now. Thanks.

On 8/31/2019 at 4:25 AM, Moun10Bike said:

The dev team is aware of this and have made a fix, but it has not been released yet. That should happen next week. 

Can we have another update now it has been about 5 weeks. This problem is a cause of major problems for all who answer ECs/Virtuals and is more important than new features.

1 hour ago, lodgebarn said:

Can we have another update now it has been about 5 weeks. This problem is a cause of major problems for all who answer ECs/Virtuals and is more important than new features.

The fix was finally rolled out on September 23. I see only one post above from after that date and it appears to be an issue unrelated to the OP.

• Upvote 3
On 10/3/2019 at 11:02 PM, Moun10Bike said:

In the interest of full transparency, in following up on this, I discovered that while this was fixed and deployed, a subsequent roll-out removed the fix. After some conversation in the office, a "re-fix" is rolling out momentarily.

Sigh.

Just tried it on a virtual, works, Youre the best. THX ! :)