Hello everyone

TheDalesMan

Hello fellow geocachers!

New to the hobby, based in East Anglia, UK. Love the outdoors, walking so this is a perfect hobby to me.

Made a few finds already, I have one question though.

I have a Garmin Chirp wireless beacon and am thinking of doing a hide. Under what category would the Chrip

come under when setting up the hide? I will use it to broadcast a clue for a traditional cache hidden nearby.

Thanks for any help.

Nick :antenna:

I'm not familiar with chirp since the only chirp cache I've done didn't actually use chirp, they just added the attribute so people could collect it.

Are chirp beacons often used in traditionals? The cache is at the coordinates, so I'm wondering why the chirp. Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I'm curious how it's used.

Just now, Max and 99 said:

Are chirp beacons often used in traditionals? The cache is at the coordinates, so I'm wondering why the chirp. Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I'm curious how it's used.

The only one I've seen here had a combination lock on the container and the chirp provided the combination.

• Helpful 1
On 8/26/2019 at 7:33 AM, TheDalesMan said:

Hello fellow geocachers!

New to the hobby, based in East Anglia, UK. Love the outdoors, walking so this is a perfect hobby to me.

Made a few finds already, I have one question though.

I have a Garmin Chirp wireless beacon and am thinking of doing a hide. Under what category would the Chrip

come under when setting up the hide? I will use it to broadcast a clue for a traditional cache hidden nearby.

Thanks for any help.

Nick :antenna:

Welcome!