Adopting Geocaches

Is there a way to adopt geocaches en masse instead of one by one?  I left South Korea and moved back to America, and the ROK Geocachers will adopt my Korean geocaches, but I am sick of doing it one at a time. If mass adoption isn't possible, then I'll just keep them and archive them as they deteriorate and nobody can find them anymore.

• Surprised 2

One of them must have been archived or adopted. There's only 14 active caches to deal with now.

Honestly, 14 caches won't take that long to adopt out. It would be much better if you could spend the 5 minutes to adopt the caches rather than just abandon them and leave a mess for the local community to deal with.

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1

As one of the few cachers in Korea that have approached you regarding the adoptions, I would hope you would put in the time. We've asked on numerous occasions and seems like it takes forever to receive a response. 

We are more than willing to adopt them...and as we are seeing newer, younger cachers here recently, we'd appreciate it if you didn't just leave them for us to CITO for you. If newbies can't find it, it doesn't necessarily mean it's missing and armchair logging, without confirming is... not cool. 

We would kindly ask, again, that you take the time to adopt them over. Do them in 

small groups... I'm not leaving anytime soon and will gladly maintain them. 

Edited by mighty_lamp75
spelling errors
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 2

Hello Mike of Korea, 

On 8/26/2019 at 4:28 AM, MikeofKorea said:

I left South Korea and moved back to America, and the ROK Geocachers will adopt my Korean geocaches, but I am sick of doing it one at a time. If mass adoption isn't possible, then I'll just keep them and archive them as they deteriorate and nobody can find them anymore.

We really are interested in adopting and maintaining your geocaches. You placed geocaches in some great spots and we're happy to keep your geocaches alive. We really hope that you don't decide to just to just keep them and archive them as they deteriorate. We already have a huge problem with geocachers staying for a year placing caches and then leaving. Please, don't be like them as it it really frustrating dealing with COs that don't maintain their geocaches. It has already taken us a lot of time and effort and money to maintain some the geocaches you previously adopted to this account in Gyungju. We're very happy and willing to continue doing so too. 

This account was made partially for geocachers in your exact situation so that the more permanent geocaching community here in Korea can maintain geocaches after a CO leaves the country. 

Please take the time to adopt your remaining geocaches so that we can preserve what you did while you were here in Korea. Please take the time to adopt your geocaches to us so that your caches don't become trash when you archive them. Please take a few minutes out of your day to adopt your remaining caches to us. We're happy to oblige. 

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2
  • Love 1