Great Coastal NC Caches

Bull Moose

Hello.

I am going to be visiting my grandfather near Wilmington, NC (Hampstead in specific) in August, and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for must-do caches in that area.

We will also be going up to Kitty Hawk/Cape Hatteras area if you know of any good ones there.

Insert pretentious quote or saying here.

Both obx eat and run challenges (north and south) are fun. There are a bunch in Wilmington. The outer banks has a host of good one, Squishy's birthday, OBX LOST BUT FOUND, easy as 1-2-3, pea island plunder, Lost With the Lost Colony, Blackbeard's Revenge, and Brothers in arms, are good one's from Kitty Hawk to Okracoke. Have fun,

Fishingfools

Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things.

One cache we really enjoyed in the Wilmington was this one:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=e55a9e29-f736-4cae-a02b-fae9c4c800b3

It is called "Zeke's Island". You will need to consult a tide table, and definitely wear some OLD, but rugged footwear for the trip across the causeway. Another fun option would be to make the trip in a canoe or kayak. The water is pretty smooth on one side. Anyway, this is just one we enjoyed. Have a good time on your trip to Wilmington. Botryitsfree and Erwinia

I just got back from my trip south. I had a great time. You have some fun caches down there. Unfortunatly, I didn't have time to do a lot of what looked like the best ones. I got to Fort Fisher, but couldn't make it over to Zeke's Island for fear of getting trapped.

I also tried to make it to Miss Addy's but never found the time.

I had a good time grabbing the ones I did have time for, though. I'm sure I'll be back!