Find Count

fdsawq

My find count shown via the website has managed to get out of sync with my actual find count, for some reason: I reference my find count in my logs, and last week noticed that there was a discrepancy, with my find count 6 higher than expected. On investigation I noted that my find count for August is showing as 23, yet I have only found 17 caches this month (i.e. the difference of 6 occurred in August).

• The statistics are theoretically updated after every log, but is this just an incremental update or a full recount?
  • Is there is way to manually trigger a full recount?

When going to your public profile, geocaches,  and counting cache finds for the month of 8/19, I get 17.

- But the "Finds per month" on your stats page does show 23.   Weird...

Looked at my own,  because I only did one cache so far this month, and both do say one.

That's the first time I ever looked at that stat...

OK, that is the reason, thank you @Keystone. I completed an Adventure Lab, with 6 waypoints, which must be counted as 6 individual "lab caches". The end of the adventure provided the co-ordinates for a standard Mystery, so in my mind I completed one cache not seven. Still, the counting system is the counting system!