Open in browser drop down menu item no longer working properly

frisbee'r

For the last week, the Open in browser pull down option within the app only brings up the area satellite map and no longer the cache page.    This is frustrating because all the geocaching page links are tied to the Geocaching App.   For example, you click on GMAIL containing a new cache link, the Geocaching App fires up no longer giving you the option to open a Geocaching cache page from a browser.   The Open in browser option is very useful as you have the actual cache page and can perform all edits, logging, etc. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but no change.   The problem is likely an unintentional bug and Groundspeak is waiting for another version to be rolled out ...... I hope. 

43 minutes ago, frisbee'r said:

For the last week, the Open in browser pull down option within the app only brings up the area satellite map and no longer the cache page.    This is frustrating because all the geocaching page links are tied to the Geocaching App.   For example, you click on GMAIL containing a new cache link, the Geocaching App fires up no longer giving you the option to open a Geocaching cache page from a browser.   The Open in browser option is very useful as you have the actual cache page and can perform all edits, logging, etc. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but no change.   The problem is likely an unintentional bug and Groundspeak is waiting for another version to be rolled out ...... I hope. 

Which phone and which App version? What is the "Open in browser pulldown option"?

I have an HTC U11 phone with App version 8.3.0 and can scroll to the bottom of a cache page in The App and click "Open in Browser", and I'm presented with a couple of options, such as Firefox and even the Geocaching App. Same when I open an official email that has a cache page web address. 

Is the App broken for certain users?

Thanks for responding.    I have a Galaxy 8+ running App version 8.4.1.   The problem has been resolved.   I believe the function started working on 9/1/19.   Open in browser is one of three options grayed out at the bottom of the page after Waypoints.    When clicking on it,  the page slides to the left and the geocaching web page comes up.