Update on Credits

ampdavid

We've given away hundreds of Adventure credits over the last couple of months in an effort to learn more about how this platform and where it needs to go in 2020.  And we have a plan.  If you've previously requested a credit (there were thousands of you who did) I'd like to please ask for your continued patience as we work hard to make this an easier, more approachable experience for geocachers and non-geocachers alike.  This Fall/Winter we will look at handing out more batches of credits from our existing pool as well as invite others to explore a few new areas.

One area we would like to explore more is how Adventures might be used outside of the Geocaching world.  We want to build a platform where anyone—Geocachers and non-Geocachers— can create, share and play location-based games.  I'd love to hear all your creative ideas!  Here are a few we've heard already:

• Are you an educator who wants to set up a self-guided tour to help your students learn all year round?  
  • Are you part of an artist organization or group of artists wanting to showcase your work in public all year round? 
  • Are you in the travel or tourism business and want to give tourists an amazing local experience?
  • Do you have a Youtube channel and want to help us create and inspire others to create? 

Please comment below with your ideas below!  If we missed something you think we should add to the list above, please let me know!  

With much appreciation for all you do,

Lackey Dave

I'm working for a city with an old historic city center. There's many unknown but very interesting stories about it's history to tell, connected to buildings and sites that are still there. I'd love to have these stories told using lab adventures.

Now if lab adventures would support setup for multiple languages and a module to read the text aloud, the lab adventure platform could well become an alternative for audioguides in museums or for guided walks through town

Edited by NLBokkie
Turned two words around - dyslexia kicked in
  • Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1
On 12/18/2019 at 12:19 PM, NLBokkie said:

would support setup for multiple languages

I would love to see that feature as well.

Being able to add a language to a labcache and than supplying the translation for the title, lab description, location description and question

I speak Dutch, English and German and now I had to create my own "solution" using [NL], [EN] and [DE] resulting in shorter descriptions due to the field limitations

Edited by ardila.nl
typo
  • Upvote 1