Looking for geo-buddy - central FL, USA

shortsaler

NEVER CACHE ALONE -  today we received another reminder from Geocaching.com to Always geocache with a buddy for safety…and fun.  Since moving to Central Florida I’ve not been able to find a geocache buddy. I am just south of The Villages and while there are geocache groups in The Villages, those groups restrict group-members to residents of The Villages, that excludes me   :(

I’m between The Villages and Leesburg. 

The weather should start cooling a bit in a couple of months which makes for a great time to visit the local parks.  

Anybody near central Florida?  

17 minutes ago, shortsaler said:

NEVER CACHE ALONE -  today we received another reminder from Geocaching.com to Always geocache with a buddy for safety…and fun.  Since moving to Central Florida I’ve not been able to find a geocache buddy. I am just south of The Villages and while there are geocache groups in The Villages, those groups restrict group-members to residents of The Villages, that excludes me   :(

The weather should start cooling a bit in a couple of months which makes for a great time to visit the local parks.  

Anybody near central Florida?  

I'm from Florida. After seeing this week's photos of alligators climbing fences, I'd want a partner too! Someone who can't run as fast as me!

• Funny 4
  • Helpful 1
On 8/20/2019 at 12:04 PM, shortsaler said:

I am just south of The Villages and while there are geocache groups in The Villages, those groups restrict group-members to residents of The Villages, that excludes me   :(

We have family (sonand daughter in law) in Oxford, just west of the Villages, and visit once a year or so.  We've done caching in the area over the past couple of years.  Our son tags along with us, but if we aren't around he doesn't cache on his own.  He doesn't log anything either.  If we get out that way, I'll let you know; I'd enjoy meeting!

Just an FYI, my first caching experience in Central Florida was the week after Hurricane Irma in 2017, and I cached alone for much of that, as the kids were working and I went exploring.  I didn't encounter any alligators, but there were some pretty awesome looking spiders!

Edited by CAVinoGal
Got the wrong Hurricane! It's fixed now.
  • Helpful 1