Mystery rules location clarification

Jbird and Zip

I have a Traditional cache in front of our house. I want to place a new Mystery cache about 50 feet from the existing Traditional. The Mystery's final location will be about 1.5 miles away.

We've seen this sort of arrangement on other caches and want to make sure we're following Geocaching rules for Mystery caches.

Steve (Jbird and Zip)

20 minutes ago, Jbird and Zip said:

I have a Traditional cache in front of our house. I want to place a new Mystery cache about 50 feet from the existing Traditional. The Mystery's final location will be about 1.5 miles away.

We've seen this sort of arrangement on other caches and want to make sure we're following Geocaching rules for Mystery caches.

Steve (Jbird and Zip)

As RA said, if your posted coordinates at the top of your Listing page are virtual, it should not be an issue.  Virtual waypoints, like you might commonly see for Puzzle and Multi cache types, are not evaluated for Proximity.   Only physical Stages, and of course, the Final cache container will be checked for nearby caches.