Photos on Waymarks

bluesnote

I recently had a waymark declined several times because the reviewer (who I will not be naming) did not believe the photos were mine. They claimed they could be found on Google. A simple google search would not have revealed my photos as they are not posted on the internet yet (besides the Waymarking site). They also said that the shadows and people are different in the photos, so they must have been taken at different times. They are correct about that statement as I took them about 20 minutes apart. One while walking up to the building, and one after walking around its gift shop. I assured them that I personally did take the photos, but they called me a "liar".

The truth of the matter is that I did indeed take the photos. I even uploaded a screenshot from my phone showing the two photos in my camera album along with other waymarks from that same day. The waymark has been declined twice and I feel like submitting it again without talking it out on the forums wouldn't make a difference in the eyes of the reviewers. What are your suggestions to prove I actually took them? I know iPhone photos have GPS coordinates as well as a time stamp on them, but once you upload them to Waymarking you loose that information. I'll leave a link to the waymark below.

http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WM11488_Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Mission_Breakout_Anaheim_CA

8 hours ago, elyob said:

Attach your original images (including exif data) in an email to the reviewers.

How do I do that? I've never seen a way where I can attach a photo on an email through Waymarking. Maybe through the geocaching message center, but does that keep the original exif files?

1 hour ago, K13 said:

The building (or amusement park attraction) in your link is somewhat rectangular in shape. Perhaps thats why it was rejected.

Here's what the 2nd declined message said:

This waymarker said : "I can assure you that that picture is 100% mine. Both photos I took on August 4, 2019. Not sure why you would think that photo isn’t mine, but it is." If you make a google search image it's obvious that the first photo is not his photo. Your opinion ?

[nay] Liar
[nay] photos are obviously taken at different times based on tree growth, shadowing, people, lightposts and other factors.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, bluesnote said:

Here's what the 2nd declined message said:

This waymarker said : "I can assure you that that picture is 100% mine. Both photos I took on August 4, 2019. Not sure why you would think that photo isn’t mine, but it is." If you make a google search image it's obvious that the first photo is not his photo. Your opinion ?

[nay] Liar
[nay] photos are obviously taken at different times based on tree growth, shadowing, people, lightposts and other factors.

It's not uncommon for me to take photos for a waymark posting on different days or even months, and with one of three or four different cameras. I don't see that as a reason for a decline. 

OK i am going to give to you explanations, the problem is not this waymark but the owner of the waymark.

May be he's right, i just need proof, i had a doubt with this waymark that's why i call for a vote and i was not the only one to have a doubt...

You (Bluesnote) are not a trustful waymaker and i can give few examples :

- You published tons of waymark in Wi-Fi Hotspots category, and a requirement was that you have to access personally the hotspot and also no drive-by waymark, it was obvious that it was drive-by waymark and you never accessed the hotspot, so we decided to add a new requirement, a second picture of a wi-fi sign or a screenshot of availables hotspots. Since this requirement you never publish anymore in this category, strange...

- You create wikipedia page and just after you create a waymark in the wikipedia category, i validated these waymarks but i asked to the category's leader if we let us tolerate this.

- When a category requires two photos, you zoomed and cut the only photo you add.

So you are able to grab photo from Internet that you do not own, but may be i am wrong...

I love my officer hobby, with my jobs, i have time to validate waymarks but not to travel, so i can "discover" the world validating waymarks, i like to have few photos, close-up and surroundings and interesting long description to learn something.

I dislike validate your waymaks, more than 80% have no long descriptions, a lot of your photos are drive-by photos and it's almost always one photo. You really do not care about the quality of what you are publishing.

Even when you publish in wikipedia category, you only copy/paste two or three sentences, never the most interesting,  and you almost always forget to delete wikipedia notes !!!

I will always declined waymarks without long descriptions, otherwise what's the point of having officers...

You only spend times when your are complaining about officer's behaviour, change your mind, do the job, spend times to produce quality waymark, stops focusing on your Waymarking counter...

It was funny to read in your message that you are a Waymarking veteran, so I'm not going to teach you that if you want to have my email address to send me originals pictures, you go to the website www.Waymarking.com, profile tab, you fill Alfouine, Submit and read variable Email address.

I check pictures and depending on the result i validate or no your waymark.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, bluesnote said:

How do I do that? I've never seen a way where I can attach a photo on an email through Waymarking. Maybe through the geocaching message center, but does that keep the original exif files?

You establish a good relationship with the volunteer reviewer.  You request the reviewer's email address.  You send an email with attached original images as proof.

• Upvote 1

Hi there, this is a short reminder about our forum guidelines, specifically:

"...4. Personal attacks and inflammatory or antagonistic behavior will not be tolerated. If you want to post criticism, please do so constructively. Generalized, vicious, or veiled attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated..."

So please write constructively and if something personal needs to be clarified an e-mail or message is a better way. 

Thank you!

• Upvote 4