Garmin Montana 610T camo

Anyone have a Garmin GPS Montana 610T?  Does anyone know what lanyard, tether, wrist strap, or something that fits the Montana 610T ?  Going to borrow one since I have never used one before until I buy one and I really really don't want to drop it.  It has a case but would like a strap of some sort.  I would sooo appreciate any help on this.  Thank you so much.

3 hours ago, theavalonfox said:

Anyone have a Garmin GPS Montana 610T?  Does anyone know what lanyard, tether, wrist strap, or something that fits the Montana 610T ?  Going to borrow one since I have never used one before until I buy one and I really really don't want to drop it.  It has a case but would like a strap of some sort.  I would sooo appreciate any help on this.  Thank you so much.

This one looks pretty good, a carabiner clip. Due to its special purpose and cost and probably having to order it, that's more for owners than someone just borrowing one.

What is the case like?  Without a case, there's an existing attachment point for a lanyard or strap (it's where the carabiner's strap is looped).  But even with a case, maybe there's an attachment point.  As Atlas Cached mentioned, a camera strap should be fine, wrist strap or neck strap.  I definitely need a security device for my GPS, usually it's the carabiner on the clamshell case.  Otherwise, my GPS is at the bottom of a ravine several times, when I'm Geocaching. B)

• Helpful 1

ok...well a friend hub works with mentioned this pouch he got from Amazon.  He brought it to work to let him try it.  Well, I really like this pouch a lot and can use it like a cross body pouch so I am going to get it. 

But.......I still wish I could find a wrist strap so it doesn't fall out of my hands or anyone elses hands when actually using it.

Edited by theavalonfox
clarify
13 minutes ago, theavalonfox said:

I still wish I could find a wrist strap so it doesn't fall out of my hands or anyone elses hands when actually using it.

A camera strap might do. Or loop a couple feet of paracord through the slot, and tie a couple of knots wherever you wish.

51KJSl2EJ6L.jpg

There are also some wide generic straps.

Edited by kunarion