Pocket Query

Mestreechteneerke

1 hour ago, Mestreechteneerke said:

Hi , can some one help me to create a pocket query , when i create one and try to send the gpx file i got pocket query created 0 caches ???

The most common problem is specifying two conflicting criteria in your PQ. For example, specifying both "I haven't found" and "I have found", or specifying "I don't own" and "I own". Since no cache can be both "I haven't found" and "I have found", the results will be empty if you specify both.

• Helpful 1

i create one and try to send the gpx file i got pocket query created 0 caches ???

What do you mean by "the gpx file"?  Do you mean that you preview the Pocket Query and see 0 results?

Post the Pocket Query's web address and I could look at the settings.

Oke hello all, i am a newby, i try to make a pocket query on the site off geocaching.com.

Verry nice to got responce on my question..

i try to tell you how i try to make a pocket query

on the site of geocaching.com i do .....

i go to play

Pocket query's

Create a new query

i give the query a name an than run this query once then delete it.

i have a secondhand gps The Garmin Etrex Legend HCx i now this is a old one :-)  but the told me its oke to start..

I would like to make a pocket Query from the Lanaker Canals Trail. ( its in Belgium ) near my home town Maastricht in the Netherlands , the trail is more then 100+ caches

i try to make a query and put this on my gps..

The caches total i put 150 in

then i like the traditionals , multi and mystery

any container

I haven't found

In difficult i put a V and also in terrain

within - none selected

from orgin i put a GC code of 0ne of the Caches nearby ( GC38xD0 )

Whitin a radius of 7 km

then placed during i put between ........

i fill in my mail adress and gpx format that i want

then Submit information.

then i get information Query succesfull made 0 caches ???

what do i wrong ....

Sorry for my bad englisch 

greeting Newbie from Holland :-)

30 minutes ago, Mestreechteneerke said:

Oke hello all, i am a newby, i try to make a pocket query on the site off geocaching.com.

Verry nice to got responce on my question..

i try to tell you how i try to make a pocket query

on the site of geocaching.com i do .....

i go to play

Pocket query's

Create a new query

i give the query a name an than run this query once then delete it.

i have a secondhand gps The Garmin Etrex Legend HCx i now this is a old one :-)  but the told me its oke to start..

I would like to make a pocket Query from the Lanaker Canals Trail. ( its in Belgium ) near my home town Maastricht in the Netherlands , the trail is more then 100+ caches

i try to make a query and put this on my gps..

The caches total i put 150 in

then i like the traditionals , multi and mystery

any container

I haven't found

In difficult i put a V and also in terrain

within - none selected

from orgin i put a GC code of 0ne of the Caches nearby ( GC38xD0 )

Whitin a radius of 7 km

i fill in my mail adress and gpx format that i want

then Submit information.

then i get information Query succesfull made 0 caches ???

what do i wrong ....

Sorry for my bad englisch 

greeting Newbie from Holland :-)

I attempted the same PQ, except I did not make a selection regarding Difficulty or Terrain. I also omitted a selection regarding the date placed. My query returned 150 results.

There may be zero geocaches which fit your date range, or the D/T you selected.

• Helpful 1

Are you selecting "Placed During... Between" and not changing the default dates? By default, the date period is only the last 7 days. Looking at the caches within 7 km of GC38XD0, none have been placed during the last 7 days (the most recent was 29 July), so that would likely be why you aren't getting any results.

I'd recommend the following:

• Leave "Placed During" at "None Selected"
  • You don't need to check the Difficulty and Terrain boxes if you aren't changing the defaults.
Edited by The A-Team
  • Helpful 3

Hi All , again Thanks For Responding so fast....:rolleyes:

And To ...A team Thanks ....now i see what i did wrong... indeed when i try your advised settings i got 88 caches and i got a gpx file send to my email adress...THANKS a lot

but i got now 2 files first is .gpx and second is -wpts.gpx  can you tell me the different and witch file i must put on my gps..

sorry for this probely stupid question but i can't find information for this..

3 minutes ago, Mestreechteneerke said:

Hi All , again Thanks For Responding so fast....:rolleyes:

And To ...A team Thanks ....now i see what i did wrong... indeed when i try your advised settings i got 88 caches and i got a gpx file send to my email adress...THANKS a lot

but i got now 2 files first is .gpx and second is -wpts.gpx  can you tell me the different and witch file i must put on my gps..

sorry for this probely stupid question but i can't find information for this..

.gpx is Geocaches, -wpts.gpx is waypoints such as parking places and cache stages.  For a Garmin GPS, place both files into the Garmin/GPX folder.

I have a question: when I try to create a pocket query, the "Waypoint License Agreement" page opens. After I read (briefly) agreement, tick the box on the bottom and press "Submit" I have a "Server Error" - "Error 500 Your request resulted in an error. Please check Geocaching on Twitter for updates. We apologize for the inconvenience.".

image.thumb.png.5a1da28dec4789941ad36b203d854de9.png

Any help here?

8 minutes ago, adahen said:

Okay, the pocket query page opens now, but when I try to run it to query my finds it shows that query result has 0 caches within 500 miles from home.

If you're creating a Pocket Query, and have read this thread and still have zero results, post the URL of the Pocket Query.  Someone could look at it and see if there's a setting that may be adjusted.

If you're trying to get a Pocket Query of caches you've found, try a "My Finds" PQ.  It has no distance limit.

Untitled-1pq.jpg

Edited by kunarion
  • Helpful 1