My log has been deleted

Triple J Team

11 minutes ago, Triple J Team said:

And here is the log from 2017. 

E7EC5DF7-1CBD-4DA1-8F3F-9AE3CEE5A2EA.png

Odd, considering how easy the logging requirements are! Did your photos meet either of the two requirements? If yes, I'd ask why the log was deleted.

BUT we're not picky, TAKE YOUR PIC WITH ANY STATUE in park and we'll count it... use the 'took a webcam' icon to log it.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Triple J Team said:

How do I report a user that has deleted our “Found It” log?    We visited a webcam cache in 2017, posted the requested photo and today, over 2 years later, the user has deleted the log.   Please help.  

Curious, did you  "TAKE YOUR PIC WITH ANY STATUE in the park and use the 'took a webcam' icon to log it" ?.

I'd like to see someone complain with a email to HQ about having logs deleted.   :)    A link is  here.

These folks don't seem to have been running their cache as a webcam cache for some time.     They're not picky...   :D

Edited by cerberus1
  • Funny 1

Selfies don't cut it for a webcam cache.  The cache description appears to imply that any photo by any statue of the park will suffice.  But if they really mean any WEBCAM photo by any statue in the park will suffice, and a given log's photos were not taken with a webcam, then perhaps they are tightening up enforcement.

Were I the CO, I think I'd tighten up the description a bit to be more specific.  And perhaps police up other log photos that are clearly not webcam photos (as they are too, well, clear).

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, hzoi said:

Were I the CO, I think I'd tighten up the description a bit to be more specific.  And perhaps police up other log photos that are clearly not webcam photos (as they are too, well, clear). 

Agreed!

There were very detailed instructions on how to take the webcam photo, mentioning a particular statue, which means to me that it is a WEBCAM photo that's required.  The rest, saying that the photo could be taken with any statue, I interpreted as allowing for the fact that the cam does get moved from time to time (so it would be aimed differently) ... not that the use of the webcam was not necessary.

While I didn't take that to mean that a photo could be taken with any camera, not the webcam (what would be the point of that?), there was a very recent log that interpreted the additional information just like the OP.  I wonder if that one will also be deleted.

4 hours ago, GerandKat said:

Maybe because there was NO photo on the log. We took a look at the archived logs of this mentioned cache found the log of the thread starters and there were no photos attached.

You're even able to see it at the screenshot provided by the  thread starter

Archiving a log appears to delete log photos when an archived log is viewed individually, so this is not necessarily an indication that a photo wasn't included.

Image 1: original log with image

Capture.JPG.ad8087d8c3feb747c7a555a9b0258805.JPG

Image 2: archived log after CO deleted log; image is gone

Capture.JPG.7514a0cc3c501e4e3cbfe1bdde160aa1.JPG

I would agree, though, that there would still be a photo visible to reviewers on the archived logs page if one was posted to a given log.  I can see the image on the test log I posted above when I view all archived logs.  I did not see one for the webcam log in question - which potentially answers the OP's question why this particular log was deleted.

Edited by hzoi
53 minutes ago, GerandKat said:

@hzoi Christian, if you look at the archived logs on the particular cache, find the deleted log of the Triple J Team scroll down for two logs, there you'll find the next two logs with attached photos. So we believe this could be taken as strong indication :blink:

I agree - I edited my original post after checking the archived logs page; see the very end of my post.  For non-reviewers, though, archiving a log also removes access to any photos posted to that log, and that was my original point before I did more research and made edits.

Edited by hzoi
  • Upvote 1
12 hours ago, JoJoUK said:

Why about did not findicated logs?

We've seen some COs delete Did Not Find logs.  They can...

One I asked said it made his cache logs "neater" , another didn't want "negative" information on his cache pages..

When I asked "what about people who keep track for their own history, possibly to try again later?", that CO couple realized maybe that's why some started avoiding them at events (considering them arrogant), and now leave all logs (except fakers) alone.

The "negative" one gave up the hobby less than a year.  They had other issues as well, and realized micro-managing strangers didn't work out so hot.

We know a few concerned about their cache history that bookmark their DNFs now JIC.   :)

• Helpful 3