Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jayeffel

TOTT

Looks like I may need to round up more specialized TOTT to get some caches-- almost a wet suit , okay maybe not that drastic--and a stepladder. Maybe a long handled mirror to check with out reaching into holes blind would help. May what I need is a younger person with me to do the reaching, stretching, wading stuff!

• Funny 1
  • Love 1

My favorite TOTT is my 22yo son. He climbs a bit faster and higher than I do, and is just a bit quicker when needed. Otherwise, I use those many tricks and things of a 'seasoned professional'.

• Helpful 1

The only ToTT I carry is tweezers. Have only once needed a ladder. I have done a SCUBA course but I don't have the equipment and, to the best of my knowledge, there are none around here that require it. If I need climbing gear I may have to borrow some but the only cache I can think of close by is a D5 puzzle so there's no chance I'll get that one. I leave my UV light at home as I have the only cache in the area that needs one. So tweezers it is.

• Upvote 1

On 8/12/2019 at 5:34 PM, Jayeffel said:

Looks like I may need to round up more specialized TOTT to get some caches-- almost a wet suit , okay maybe not that drastic--and a stepladder. Maybe a long handled mirror to check with out reaching into holes blind would help. May what I need is a younger person with me to do the reaching, stretching, wading stuff!

I actually became a SCUBA diver to get a couple of underwater caches near me. One was in a sunken helicopter in a local quarry. 

I keep one of those mirrors in my pack and if I find them on sale at an auto parts house for a reasonable amount, I buy a handful to leave as swag. Most of the time I don't climb; at my age, it takes a lot longer to heal than it used to  :)