Trails maps is very OLD in the app

Akuphon

Hi,

I'm just wondering when Groundspeak will update the Trails map data in the official app. The map data is very old compared to the same map on the webpage. A lot of roads, paths, etc. are missing on the map in the app, whereas they can be found on the same map on the webpage.App on the left - Webpage on the right

Edited by Akuphon
  • Upvote 2

As far as I know, both come from the same source.  I suspect the app in your phone has cached and is using older tiles whereas the webpage is getting fresher ones.

It's also possible that by zooming in a notch on the app, the extra detail will show up.  (Don't know for sure, since I don't use that app.)

Better answer available if you identify the location for us.  (I can't type umlauts and whatnot; search is fussy about those.)

Edited by Viajero Perdido
  • Upvote 2

I just check "Mettistö" map in the official app and I can confirm that when you zoom in to the maximum, paths and trails will appears like the website.

I think it is just the zoom level that is not configured the same way in the app and on the website by Groundpseak developers.

• Upvote 1

(With no help from the OP, )  I've figured out the coords of those screenshots.

A mapper was active making changes 5 months ago.  This is obvious from the road I linked to; which the mapper lengthened.  So the screenshot on the left is older; on the right, newer.  Groundspeak only pulls data from OSM every few months (?) to generate their maps.  We're looking at snapshots of the data from different points in time.

So...  It sounds like a data-caching issue.  Try forcing the app to reload the map.

Are you still there?

EDIT: Ah, now I get what @rthur was talking about.  They figured it out too.  Mettistö, the town.

Edited by Viajero Perdido