Search for attributes using OR

terratin

I'm looking for a way to search for any of four attributes (substantial hike, <10km, >10km, abandoned structure) in a small country. GC.com doesn't seem to allow for this. I can create custom filters in projectgc, but apparently not use an OR operator with it, and would thus need 4 filters. Same with Pocketqueries. Any other, simple solutions to this?

Thanks.

Edited by terratin

Ah, abandoned mines is a good one as well! Yes, I'm looking at Cyprus. I'm not a fan of GSAK because I've not found a proper way yet to display all resultant caches on a map, and access the cache information quickly. Sometimes GSAK even opens up IE of all browsers. But this might be the way to go here. Thanks a lot.

4 minutes ago, terratin said:

Ah, abandoned mines is a good one as well! Yes, I'm looking at Cyprus. I'm not a fan of GSAK because I've not found a proper way yet to display all resultant caches on a map, and access the cache information quickly. Sometimes GSAK even opens up IE of all browsers. But this might be the way to go here. Thanks a lot.

There are several ways to map a bunch of Geocaches. ;-)

1 minute ago, Kalkendotters said:

You can search for the first attribute; than add them all to a bookmark list. Then search the second atttribute add them to the same bookmarklist, etc. Finally create a PQ from the bookmarklist.

Yes, but that's pretty static. And you can't search by attributes with the web search. It's way easier to download all

1,249 results for Cyprus

in one go (Api download "GetGeocaches" in GSAK) and then filter accordingly.

• Helpful 1
36 minutes ago, terratin said:

Thanks a lot Hans. Looks like I have a lot to learn with GSAK. May I ask how to displayed the map with all the caches? That's something I've not managed yet. And it's really bugging me.

Download and install the macro Leaflet_Map.gsk and the macro GSAKMapTypesLeaflet.gsk for selecting different OSM (and other sources) map types and overlays (boundaries, traffic, trails etc. pp.)

Read the macros' threads carefully as they are a kind of manual.

Hans

Edited by HHL