Central KY Geacacher's Lunch this Saturday in Lexington.

The Li'l Bears

In case you haven't been following the thread on KY Ping ... we're having an event cache/ lunch this weekend (saturday the 14th) in Lexington.

Any geocachers in the Central KY area (or beyond) that are intersted should join us. Do a search from Zip 40503 to hone in on the event cache or check out the topic 'KY Ping' for more info. The more the merrier. We're hovering around 15 now but I expect at least 20. Koneko, from The White Diamond Pirates is the host ... she works at the place this is happening ...(Bella Note at Noon).

Hope to see everyone there!

~Greg

~ The Li'l Bears icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif from Lexington, KY

I read something on the lunch cache page about possibly bringing trade items for a new cache. What is the status on this? Are we going to create a new cache at the lunch? Is there anything in particular I need to bring? Anything else I can do to help?

later....

KYtrex

-----------------

War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left

I know that the Pirates, Paddy, and I are planning to bring stuff. I'll be supplying the box, log, etc and some 'Bear' stuff. Please bring something to add, especially signature stuff. We'll be giving the final cache away for someone to hide (I think). Anyway, someone will take it to hide.

I'm also gonna bring a 'Do-It-Yourself Travel Bug Kit' complete with Groundspeak Tags.

Looking forward to meeting ya'll.

Greg (Poppy Bear)

Less than 24 hours from the big event. I hope the weather clears up, especially since we seem to have outdone ourselves on the caches icon_biggrin.gif. I count 12 new ones this week (counting the event itself). Not to mention the new one we're making and any TB's people will be exchanging. I put the TB on the event page since I'm giving it to joGPS to take back south.

Looking forward. BTW Jenn, it will just be ONE Bear. Everyone else will be away at noon-time icon_frown.gif.

Thanks for planning and hosting the first lunch 'neko! We had a fabulous time meeting everyone, especially that CRAZY Papa Bear, and KyTrex and Mrs. Trex. We're wondering why everyone went to find the STICK and the TOOLS, when there were great caches at River Hill and Belleau Woods? Oh well, more WOO HOO's for us. We can't wait for the next one!

Cut.throat.red & Krispy Kremer

p.s. Since the newbies won the privilege of putting out the Luncheon Cache, any suggestions where it could go?

quote:
Originally posted by Team Tired Feet:

Thanks for planning and hosting the first lunch 'neko! We had a fabulous time meeting everyone, especially that CRAZY Papa Bear, and KyTrex and Mrs. Trex. We're wondering why everyone went to find the STICK and the TOOLS, when there were great caches at River Hill and Belleau Woods?

Because I was at Veterans Park. Everyone was hoping that I'd give away Fustis' location so they could find it easily. They were wrong.

quote:

p.s. Since the newbies won the privilege of putting out the Luncheon Cache, any suggestions where it could go?

Yes. If you don't want them publicly, e-mail me.

--

wcgreen

Wendy Chatley Green

quote:
Originally posted by the white diamond pirates:

to everyone who showed - and thanks for all the thanks, guys =)

Thanks for organizing it (and for not working at McDonald's). We had a great time.

quote:

i think papa bear and i (and any of my crew that i can drag along...) are going to tackle 'tool' on wed after the lord of the rings =).

wish us luck!

Good luck--you'll need it.

--

wcgreen

Wendy Chatley Green