Geocaching in South Alabama

Addam09221992

I have been Geocaching  for about a month and was wanting to connect with people in my area. If your Geocaching  in the South Alabama, the Alabama Gulf Coast or The Florida panhandle and are struggling to find your caches or You have questions about Geocaching / Interesting Geocaching Expiriences, please post in this forum.

On 8/9/2019 at 11:55 PM, Addam09221992 said:

I have been Geocaching  for about a month and was wanting to connect with people in my area. If your Geocaching  in the South Alabama, the Alabama Gulf Coast or The Florida panhandle and are struggling to find your caches or You have questions about Geocaching / Interesting Geocaching Expiriences, please post in this forum.

Hi, so glad to hear you've started geocaching and want to connect with others in the area - good on you!

Quick question for clarification:  Where-abouts are you drawing that North/South line?  Dothan? Ozark? Troy? Montgomery? (Stop me when I'm getting warm. ;) )

I'm in central Alabama (Tuscaloosa), but am heading down to LA this weekend (08/15) to visit family. One other thing I plan to do is attend a local geocaching event that night in Fairhope.

August 15th is International Geocaching Day, and there are events celebrating it. Check out:

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC8B85B_fairhopes-tx-ar-al-international-geocaching-day

If you attend, you'll probably meet a lot of the locals.

Maybe see you there.

Edited to add: I just now saw that you've already posted a "Will Attend" log. :)

Edited by Earl B. Fisk
to add detail
  • Helpful 1
On 8/11/2019 at 7:33 PM, VAVAPAM said:

Hi, so glad to hear you've started geocaching and want to connect with others in the area - good on you!

Quick question for clarification:  Where-abouts are you drawing that North/South line?  Dothan? Ozark? Troy? Montgomery? (Stop me when I'm getting warm. ;) )

South Alabama is anywhere from Baldwin county to Mobile counties 

14 hours ago, Addam09221992 said:

South Alabama is anywhere from Baldwin county to Mobile counties 

OK. I usually stick around the southEASTern side (Dale County) when visiting the homestead, but if I wander westward, I'll give a shout here, on this thread.

Happy hunting! :grin:

16 hours ago, Addam09221992 said:

Anyone else in the area ? 

It may be that folks in your area don't visit the Forums.  Perhaps you could contact a CO or two whose local caches you've enjoyed and - after letting them know how much you liked their caches - tell them you're new & ask them about your caching community. 

You can go to the web page of one of your favorite caches you've found and at the top, just below the cache title, next to the CO name, there's a place to click, "Message this owner". 

Worth a shot, no?