Discovering travel bugs

Gruffaloes

I had a travel bug number on a t shirt ,for piratemania in 2014. Today I swapped it back to the tag that the number came on so that I can place it in a cache for it to travel later in the week. But, people as far as France ( I'm in the UK) are now discovering it! How can this be when it's sat at the side of me ? I thought you had to physically find one to log it? So are these logs ok or should they be deleted?

50 minutes ago, Gruffaloes said:

I had a travel bug number on a t shirt ,for piratemania in 2014. Today I swapped it back to the tag that the number came on so that I can place it in a cache for it to travel later in the week. But, people as far as France ( I'm in the UK) are now discovering it! How can this be when it's sat at the side of me ? I thought you had to physically find one to log it? So are these logs ok or should they be deleted?

You posted a photo showing the tracking number code..   That is as good as an invitation to log it.  I could log it if I wanted to, but I'm not into that.

Edited by NanCycle
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Gruffaloes said:

As NanCycle said,  you   placed a 4-section photo of the trackable on it's page, and it includes the code.

Now that many TOs are allowing "virtual" logs (seeing the code, and claiming a "discover"), it seems a bunch simply think you must feel it's fine too.   ;)

You don't have any mention that false discovers will be deleted on the trackable's page, and then there is that photo...

It's your trackable, if it really bugs you, delete 'em,  but I'd put wording on the page and can that pic ASAP.     :)