FEATURE REQUEST: Log Filtering/Announcement Filter

MTCLMBR

3rd party services offer this kind of filtering but this is so basic level feature that it really should be available. Many times I try to find special notes about coordinate changes etc. and they are almost impossible to find by scrolling endlessly. If I could see a list of all finds at once I could use search tools integrated to the browser.

Edited by arisoft
  • Upvote 1

I see the point about announcements, but I'd use a feature like that more often with other log types, so I'd definitely want it to be general purpose feature for all log types in all logs. I always thought it would be logical and useful to click on the counts and see only those logs. In fact, it's so logical, I was kinda surprised when it didn't work the first time I tried it.

• Upvote 1

I've been wanting this for so long. Above the log history are icons showing the quantity of each log type. Why not make those clickable as filters to in some way only show those specific types? The "View log book" link already provides an All-or-Friends filter. Why not expand it to show log types?

I'd guess that filtering to show Announcement logs would be the most beneficial to everyone. Otherwise you have to rely on saved email notifications or loading an entire log history to search for announcements. Quite tedious.

• Upvote 3
24 minutes ago, Tungstène said:

I totally agree.

Please tell me... Does your answer mean I shouldn't have mentioned this option?

No, but an unintended consequence of mentioning may be that the desired helpful fix from Groundspeak is made a very low priority to developers because an outside workaround is promoted.

• Upvote 2
  • Funny 1

Very good idea, OP. I use GC little helper II script which allows to do that already but it's not as effective as the direct approach could be (it needs to load all logs to be able to filter them).

But HQ has so little resources recently that even a simple thing like a log deletion reason box  still has not been coded (and we've discussed it for years here). Proposed functionality is much more complex than that... :(