Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
EdenRike

My unpublished cache got archive!!!

I had 2 unpublished caches almost ready to be published when I got an email saying the under my name and under my log that it got archived but I never touched it.

Why does this happen, please see image below for info

Thanks in advance!!

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 6.50.23 PM.png

I recommend changing your password.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Keystone said:

I recommend changing your password.

I changed my password as soon as it happened.

The strange thing is, I was busy doing something else when the email notification came on my phone and I could see in the preview that it had this note, but when I went to check the email and follow up on it, IT WAS GONE! 

I have double security on my email, it can't be that, I am using gmail which goes with Google's Cloud Suite thing. I change my password regularly

also a list of mine has been gone, same when I was messaging someone using the geocaching app message feature, all my chat history was gone until I had to reveal it again by typung another message to the recipient.

On the bright side, you're kind of lucky they didn't do more than Archive an Unpublished Listing or two, and mess with your Lists and Message Center content.  If they were really malicious, they could have wreaked enough havoc to get your Account Locked.

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, EdenRike said:

The strange thing is, I was busy doing something else when the email notification came on my phone and I could see in the preview that it had this note, but when I went to check the email and follow up on it, IT WAS GONE! 

2 hours ago, EdenRike said:

I have double security on my email, it can't be that, I am using gmail which goes with Google's Cloud Suite thing. I change my password regularly

You may need triple security in this case when your messages disappear before you can read them. One possibility is that someone else is monitoring your mail.

• Helpful 1