Term for 'Caching-Savvy Muggles?

VAVAPAM

Was planning to post a Write Note that there would be more than the usual number of folks near GZ on an upcoming particular day (not regularly).

They'll be Muggles in the sense that they're non-players; however, they are fully informed about this particular cache so no need to be overly concerned, it won't increase the stealth factor.

Is there already a universal term for such non-cachers who are aware of caching/caches?

If not, what would you propose?

Edited by VAVAPAM
trashing extra words
2 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

If you were to follow the Harry Potter origin of "muggles", they'd have to be squibs I suppose.

Not being a follower of the books, I didn't know that term.  Thanks!

Is that some sort of hybrid non-wizard x wizard?

Edited by VAVAPAM
?
12 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

A squib is a non-magical offspring of magical parents, so is someone intimately familiar with the wizarding world but not a participant.

I've seen HP movies many times and have totally missed that. Been to the UK studios twice too but have only read the first book. Will have to remedy that.

23 minutes ago, colleda said:

I've seen HP movies many times and have totally missed that. Been to the UK studios twice too but have only read the first book. Will have to remedy that.

Mrs Figg (the Dursleys' neighbour) in Order of the Phoenix was the most notable squib in the books but I think they glossed over that or perhaps didn't even mention it at all in the movie.

Edited by barefootjeff
1 hour ago, barefootjeff said:

Mrs Figg (the Dursleys' neighbour) in Order of the Phoenix was the most notable squib in the books but I think they glossed over that or perhaps didn't even mention it at all in the movie.

I think you learn about the concept in the second book with Filch. Maybe the third. Dunno if they included that in the movie either though.

• Love 1
On 8/2/2019 at 8:44 PM, niraD said:

Huh... The word "squib" definitely has more definitions than I knew about.

I think of a unprimed firearm round or cartridge when I hear the word squib.

In shooting terms a squib load is a misfire caused by faulty, damp or an insufficient amount of gunpowder to fire the projectile out of the barrel. I imagine this is where the term used for fake movie blood pouches was borrowed from, especially when used with blank ammunition.

Not being a Harry Porter reader, I didn't know the term was used in the books. For the record, I detest the word muggle when used for someone who doesn't cache.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1