Sort souvenirs by exclusiveness

Hofmannsthal-Gang

It would be nice to see how exclusive (rare) a souvenir is and to be able to sort one's souvenirs by exclusiveness.

Exclusiveness (rareness) could be measured in two (reciprocal) ways:

• How many geocachers own this souvenir:
    A souvenir owned by 10000 geocachers is more exclusive (rare) than a souvenir owned by 100000 geocachers.
  • One of how many geocachers owns this souvenir:
    A souvenir owned by one of 100 geocachers (i.e. by 1% of all geocachers) is more exclusive (rare) than a souvenir owned by 1 of 50 geocachers (i.e. by 2% of all geocachers).
Edited by Hofmannsthal-Gang

Many thanks for this very helpful info.
Nevertheless it would be nice to have this on https://www.geocaching.com/my/souvenirs.aspx

And especially the sorting feature seems important to me, as it is quite cumbersome to find out the most exclusive (rare) souvenirs by going through all souvenirs on https://project-gc.com/Tools/SouvenirList

Edited by Hofmannsthal-Gang
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:15 PM, Hofmannsthal-Gang said:

It would be nice to see how exclusive (rare) a souvenir is and to be able to sort one's souvenirs by exclusiveness.

Exclusiveness (rareness) could be measured in two (reciprocal) ways:

• How many geocachers own this souvenir:
    A souvenir owned by 10000 geocachers is more exclusive (rare) than a souvenir owned by 100000 geocachers.
  • One of how many geocachers owns this souvenir:
    A souvenir owned by one of 100 geocachers (i.e. by 1% of all geocachers) is more exclusive (rare) than a souvenir owned by 1 of 50 geocachers (i.e. by 2% of all geocachers).

Sorting souvenirs is an often asked for function.  I'd like to see them able to be sorted as well.  :)

Most we know would like to separate the yearly, or countries/states visited souvenirs from those given in promotions. 

For many, they simply aren't the same grouping.

I don't feel "rare" or limited sounds like a souvenir grouping as much as just another stat,   but I'd probably be for this if included with other, prior requests.

25 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Related to the souvenir sorting:  I noticed this morning in someone else's iPhone app that the souvenirs in the profile are all shown in chronological order, an option not offered on the website.

I remember someone mentioning that a while ago.  I wouldn't care for that one either. 

At least now, some are together (geocaching day, CITO, etc.) as I feel they should be.