Drivesmart 51 and GSAK

QuiltinNana

I have downloaded pocket queries to GSAK and then sent the waypoints to our old Nuvi for years.  It finally died and I purchased a Garmin Drivesmart 51 as a replacement.   I downloaded a pocket query to GSAK as usual, and selected the Drivesmart to send the waypoints, and it seems to have worked correctly as I did not get any errors.  My problem is that for the life of me, I cannot find where the coordinates are located on the Drivesmart unit.  On the old Nuvi, then were loaded into My Favorites and very easy to find.  I have checked every thing I can think of to find them, but am not having any luck.  I greatly appreciate any and all help.  

1 minute ago, QuiltinNana said:

I have loaded POI Loader on my computer, however when I try to locate the file  from GSAK, I cannot find it.  I can see it on my computer but when using the Browse button, I can not navigate to the file. 

If you use the macro StefandD linked to above you don't have to look for or move the files yourself, the macro loads it straight from GSAK to the GPS.

9 hours ago, QuiltinNana said:

I have loaded POI Loader on my computer, however when I try to locate the file  from GSAK, I cannot find it.  I can see it on my computer but when using the Browse button, I can not navigate to the file. 

POI Loader does not let you select an individual GPX file.  You navigate it to the folder that contains the GPX file(s) and POI Loader will import all the GPX files in that folder. If you have multiple GPX files in that folder, each file will show up on the Garmin as a separate POI file.  Since there is a DriveSmart macro for GSAK, by all means use that.  I will save a few steps.

• Helpful 1
On 8/8/2022 at 5:04 AM, Sheesh said:

I loaded using the macro suggested but I am not able to find where they went on the gps! How do I find the caches on the device please?

In the map \POI\.

You will probably find more files here, e.g. Garmin Cyclops files are also stored here.

POI's have the extension .gpi.

Files created by DriveAssist begin with a tilde (~).

33 minutes ago, Sheesh said:

I have smartdrive 51.I now know how to find the pois that I have loaded but I am wondering if there is a way to delete single pois from my gps as I find the locations while in the car not on the computer?

I don't know if this will help for your device....but on my device, as I find each of the waypoints I've added, I click on "edit", which then has a Delete option.

• Funny 1
2 hours ago, Sheesh said:

I have smartdrive 51.I now know how to find the pois that I have loaded but I am wondering if there is a way to delete single pois from my gps as I find the locations while in the car not on the computer?

POI's are handled differently from waypoints and can only be removed by deleting the complete file.

For the Smartdrive you have to connect it to a computer to be able to delete them.

• Helpful 2

Thanks everyone for the responses!Does anyone know if this device can be loaded with waypoints or favourites instead of pois?