Missing line breaks in notification emails

The A-Team

I hadn't noticed this issue until just now, but it seems to have been happening since 2016 from what I can see.

If the content of a log contains line breaks (ie. new lines/returns), those line breaks are omitted in notification emails. For example, if someone logged this on the cache listing:

I found the cache.

TFTC

Cacher123

...what I would get in the email is:

I found the cache. TFTC Cacher123

It isn't a big issue, but it does affect the readability of some logs when the logger intentionally used line breaks to make their log more readable. It also gives the CO/watcher a false impression of the logger by running things together in a seemingly-sloppy/lazy fashion.

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, The A-Team said:

It isn't a big issue, but it does affect the readability of some logs when the logger intentionally used line breaks to make their log more readable. It also gives the CO/watcher a false impression of the logger by running things together in a seemingly-sloppy/lazy fashion.

Yes, almost all my logs run into multiple paragraphs and likewise for many of the logs on my hides, so when I get a notification email I usually click on the link to go to the cache page and read it there rather than in the body of the email.

Edit to add: it seems to have changed around August 2016.

Edited by barefootjeff