Adventure Lab test mode

rragan

I put my Adventure into test mode. I do have geofencing on (but generous to embrace an area with wifi). Despite that, all my labs allow seeing the question to answer even when well outside any fenced distance.  Is geofencing not enforced when testing?

• Helpful 3

I've deleted the test and recreated it several times. Fence distances range from 161m to 4000m with most around 500m. In each case, I can start the test and choose any lab when I'm more 7km away and be allowed to answer. I never get the "Get closer" message. If this is just test mode it's not a great test but I can live with it provided the fencing works when published. 

• Helpful 1

I echo this question
I am in the process of getting one tested and this very issue was raised by my tester - other than having to go to the locations to get the answers to questions - when discussing  a couple of the locations my tester stated she was able to go into the app and could answer the questions from home over a mile away - I had set the geo-fencing at 500m 
Need to know if this is just a glitch in testing phase or will it happen once made live 

13 hours ago, rragan said:

I've deleted the test and recreated it several times. Fence distances range from 161m to 4000m with most around 500m. In each case, I can start the test and choose any lab when I'm more 7km away and be allowed to answer. I never get the "Get closer" message. If this is just test mode it's not a great test but I can live with it provided the fencing works when published. 

Saved me doing that if you have already tried it ? 

On 7/29/2019 at 7:30 PM, rragan said:

I put my Adventure into test mode. I do have geofencing on (but generous to embrace an area with wifi). Despite that, all my labs allow seeing the question to answer even when well outside any fenced distance.  Is geofencing not enforced when testing?

I'm owner of an Adventure Lab Cache and can confirm that geofencing is indeed off in test mode. The idea behind it is probably that you can test your questions and the general look&feel of you adventure of the images from wherever you like (e.g. while you are working on it at home).

• Helpful 3
On 8/2/2019 at 7:37 AM, baer2006 said:

I'm owner of an Adventure Lab Cache and can confirm that geofencing is indeed off in test mode. The idea behind it is probably that you can test your questions and the general look&feel of you adventure of the images from wherever you like (e.g. while you are working on it at home).

Thank you for confirming. Hoping to activate my adventure very soon (once I confirm the availability of free-wifi).

16 minutes ago, JoenGPS said:

When I created mine I was also surprised. After checking coords, text, answers and such I put it into private mode to test and geofencing worked.

"Private" mode is different from a "Test".

• If you play an ALC in private mode, it's still the real thing, incl. geofencing. A successful solution of a location increases your public Lab Cache find count, and you can log each location only once.
  • A test is a copy of the real ALC. You can create a new test copy as often as you like, and play each one again from the beginning. Also, "finds" of locations in a test don't increase your Lab Cache find count.
On 12/16/2019 at 4:51 PM, baer2006 said:

"Private" mode is different from a "Test".

• If you play an ALC in private mode, it's still the real thing, incl. geofencing. A successful solution of a location increases your public Lab Cache find count, and you can log each location only once.
  • A test is a copy of the real ALC. You can create a new test copy as often as you like, and play each one again from the beginning. Also, "finds" of locations in a test don't increase your Lab Cache find count.

I used the private mode to test geofencing to see when the question and answer was available. I also turned off the must do in a sequence. You don't answer the question and no log is generated. That was a while ago when this first popped. It looks like all works great now as they continue to make improvments like logs on the ALC's now.

7 hours ago, CaracalShan said:

I have tried a few testmodes, but in a few cases, the answers were not accepted. When I deleted the test, swiped the adventure out of the app and then tried again, it suddenly worked. Anyone an idea how this comes? I hope everything goes well once it had been put into public mode.

Did you change the answers to the questions since you created the test that would not accept the answers?  If you make changes you should delete the old test and create a new one since the test is static and not dynamic with any changes made.

45 minutes ago, Kekkiss said:

I tried to test my AL, but my answers didn't match. How can I give it a go, if I don't know if it is working correctly?

Do you think you have the same issues that CaracalShan mentioned above?  I can't tell if that was solved, but a workaround was posted.  I'm uncertain about the exact steps.

This problem and others will be super frustrating with evaporative questioners who leave everybody hanging. :ph34r:

Edited by kunarion

The Test mode does not work properly.

Today I created my first Lab. The first one or two tests ran correctly, but then the application stopped accepting correct answers.

Of course, I deleted the tests and created new ones. I also restarted the phone, cleared the Adventure Lab application cache, uninstalled FakeGPS,  deleted and re-created the location, renamed the location, change answers, deleted and created tests again and again, but without any success.

When I finally give a long distance enough, the Test mode accepts answers.  

Since it is software for amateurs, it is quite embarrassing.

• Upvote 1
On 7/29/2019 at 6:21 PM, rragan said:

How do you delete the test to upload and updated test?

On 2/6/2020 at 11:03 AM, CaracalShan said:

I have tried a few testmodes, but in a few cases, the answers were not accepted. When I deleted the test, swiped the adventure out of the app and then tried again, it suddenly worked. Anyone an idea how this comes? I hope everything goes well once it had been put into public mode.

My geofence doesn't work but now I see cryin this thread, it isn't going to.

But every one of my Correct answers is generating an INCORRECT message.

What do you mean by "swiped the adventure out of the app"? Did you have to rebuild the game? I've sent test links to friends. They reported the GZ for each looks good but all their answers are incorrect. Will those test links never work properly? I sent them a regenerated link while they were at GZ this morning and it did not fix the issue.

Screenshot_20200906-084918_Adventure Lab.jpg

17 minutes ago, pictom said:

But every one of my Correct answers is generating an INCORRECT message.

You can edit and test your Adventure as many times as needed. BE  SURE TO DELETE EACH PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE TEST ON WEB AND IN THE APP. If old test versions are not deleted, answers will appear “incorrect” when you try to answer  them. Be careful to not delete your Adventure, only the test versions. To test again after edits are made, create a new “test snapshot” and scan the new QR code.  
The old test version QR codes will no longer work correctly

Edited by pictom