Create a cache in a non public area

Krabby86

Hello everyone,

I am new to this community but already thinking about some ideas. Maybe I will create my own Cache after gaining some experience soon.

My first idea would be to place a Multi cache in a non public area and I would like to ask if this is allowed. An idea could be a climbing gym where (at least of a part of the multi cache) something is hidden inside. Since it is necessary to pay an entrance fee ... is this unwanted or even forbidden? The approval from the owner of the gym will probably not be an issue.

Thank you.

Regards

André

3 hours ago, Krabby86 said:

Hello everyone,

I am new to this community but already thinking about some ideas. Maybe I will create my own Cache after gaining some experience soon.

My first idea would be to place a Multi cache in a non public area and I would like to ask if this is allowed. An idea could be a climbing gym where (at least of a part of the multi cache) something is hidden inside. Since it is necessary to pay an entrance fee ... is this unwanted or even forbidden? The approval from the owner of the gym will probably not be an issue.

Thank you.

Regards

André

Another option would be to find a publicly accessible climbing area. Be sure to check with the local land manager about any restrictions on geocaching in the area. 

Edited by Touchstone
  • Helpful 1
5 hours ago, Krabby86 said:

Hello everyone,

Thank you.

Regards

André

Were you thinking to require climbing to access the Stage?  If not, could it be placed in an area that is public, such as a reception/registration area?

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:35 PM, VAVAPAM said:

Were you thinking to require climbing to access the Stage?  If not, could it be placed in an area that is public, such as a reception/registration area?

The reception/registration area of the Climbing Wall business?

Basically, the restriction is to keep businesses from putting a cache just inside their door as a way to suck in new customers.

Lots of great, ineligible placement locations out there. Sometimes, your idea just isn't in line with the program.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1