Mystery At The Museum problem with vault code?

Folks:

I have successfully found all the clues, gems and the necessary 35/35 caches after that. When I click the "Access The Lock" link, I get the "enter the code" message with the hint to check my souvenirs. Problem is, there is no new souvenir with the code added to my souvenirs. I have the "Briefed on the case," "Evidence Collected," and "Jewels Recovered" souvenirs, but nothing else. Am I missing something? Do I need to find 36 additional caches instead of just 35 for the souvenir to appear?

Thanks very much in advance for any help you can give.

--ducttaperocks

Edited by ducttaperocks
fixed typo
37 minutes ago, ducttaperocks said:

Folks:

I have successfully found all the clues, gems and the necessary 35/35 caches after that. When I click the "Access The Lock" link, I get the "enter the code" message with the hint to check my souvenirs. Problem is, there is no new souvenir with the code added to my souvenirs. I have the "Briefed on the case," "Evidence Collected," and "Jewels Recovered" souvenirs, but nothing else. Am I missing something? Do I need to find 36 additional caches instead of just 35 for the souvenir to appear?

--ducttaperocks

You may be looking too hard. It should be really obvious.

2 hours ago, ducttaperocks said:

Folks:

--ducttaperocks

Glad you got it.

Next time, it would be nice to let us know that it worked.

Edited by Max and 99
4 minutes ago, speakers-corner said:

Hi Folks,

I have found the detective ( Souvenir = check), the 3 clues (Souvenir - check) and the 5*3 Jewels (Souvenir - check) and the required 35 Caches (we did 59 Caches this Weekend 59-21 = 38) but I cannot find the  "Access The Lock" link. Can someone help me please. 

Look at your souvenirs for MATM!

Thanks to everyone for their help! I was thinking that an additional souvenir would appear with the code on it after getting 35/35 (a fourth souvenir). Then I thought you would enter the code and get another, fifth souvenir. This turned out not to be the case. When some of the early posters indicated looking closer at the first three souvenirs, I was able to figure it out. I managed to get the final, fourth souvenir. Thanks again! It is not often that I get all of the souvenirs from the promotional games. Nice to get this one. Thanks!

--ducttaperocks

• Upvote 1

ALL expected REQUIREMENTS of a challenge should be spelled out UP FRONT.

It is UNACCEPTABLE to expect people to find 22 NEW very specific caches, which required way more planning and driving than normal, and ONLY THEN find out we’re expected to find 35 MORE, and then still have to determine a coded combination to the vault! I truly feel sorry for the poor cachers out there who won’t find this out until it’s physically too late to accomplish the requirements to close the case!!

I at least have 13 days left, but likely won’t even bother now. I do have other things to do...

I had my 4 granddaughters here from NY for a month, and we put a lot of planning, searching, and driving time into this challenge in an effort to finish it before they left yesterday.  We nearly made it, so we thought, but they left me to finish the last one today. I just found the 15th stolen jewel in the MATM challenge, thinking I would finally be able to gain access to the vault.

I won’t bore you with all the details, but I’m pretty upset and disappointed in the lack of disclosure of this challenge right now! I have done every caching challenge offered since 2014 and thoroughly enjoyed the “purposeful search” incentive they offered. 

But it’s unfair to ask people to take on a challenge, if they aren’t  given the full scope of time and effort required before they start the commitment.

• Upvote 5
1 hour ago, GmaCutie said:

ALL expected REQUIREMENTS of a challenge should be spelled out UP FRONT.

It is UNACCEPTABLE to expect people to find 22 NEW very specific caches, which required way more planning and driving than normal, and ONLY THEN find out we’re expected to find 35 MORE, and then still have to determine a coded combination to the vault! I truly feel sorry for the poor cachers out there who won’t find this out until it’s physically too late to accomplish the requirements to close the case!!

I at least have 13 days left, but likely won’t even bother now. I do have other things to do...

I had my 4 granddaughters here from NY for a month, and we put a lot of planning, searching, and driving time into this challenge in an effort to finish it before they left yesterday.  We nearly made it, so we thought, but they left me to finish the last one today. I just found the 15th stolen jewel in the MATM challenge, thinking I would finally be able to gain access to the vault.

I won’t bore you with all the details, but I’m pretty upset and disappointed in the lack of disclosure of this challenge right now! I have done every caching challenge offered since 2014 and thoroughly enjoyed the “purposeful search” incentive they offered. 

But it’s unfair to ask people to take on a challenge, if they aren’t  given the full scope of time and effort required before they start the commitment.

The Blog post that announced the MATM mentioned the Bonus Challenge for the last Souvenir. With the selective searching needed for the first three parts of this promotion, why should we expect the final part to be easy? Not unlike a Bonus Cache or a Multi Cache, until you get there and get started, you may not know what you are in for.

The fourth souvenir wasn't listed as a Bonus Freebie, although only having to find any caches instead of specific ones does make it much easier to plan and complete.

• Upvote 2
37 minutes ago, K13 said:

only having to find any caches instead of specific ones does make it much easier to plan and complete.

It's only "much easier" if you live in a place with bountiful unfound caches within a reasonable travelling distance. Power trails make it easy, conversely areas with just small numbers of widely-spaced caches make that surpise extra requirement of another 35 finds pretty onerous, onerous enough for me to have given up after getting the fingerprint/footprint/shadow souvenir.

• Upvote 1

Get briefed on the case and find clues to track down the stolen jewels. Once all of the jewels have been found, return them to the vault using the hidden code changed by the thieves.

What confused me is the wording that once the jewels have been found (the 15 we need to collect), "Return them to the vault using the hidden code changed by the thieves".

That gives me no indication that I will have to find 35 additional caches after finding all the jewels.

Edited by Max and 99
16 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

It's only "much easier" if you live in a place with bountiful unfound caches within a reasonable travelling distance. Power trails make it easy, conversely areas with just small numbers of widely-spaced caches make that surpise extra requirement of another 35 finds pretty onerous, onerous enough for me to have given up after getting the fingerprint/footprint/shadow souvenir.

That's true, as I live in a place with lots of power trails, a good proportion of which I have never bothered to do yet. I don't rush out to do power trails. So all I had to do was go and do a power trail; found the rest of what was needed in an afternoon and the vault opens. I wasn't planning to do this challenge, but then I saw I had found several just by normal caching, thought okay, what the heck, held off logging some and went out and completed it in an afternoon. Then logged them in the order necessary.

3 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Get briefed on the case and find clues to track down the stolen jewels. Once all of the jewels have been found, return them to the vault using the hidden code changed by the thieves.

What confused me is the wording that once the jewels have been found (the 15 we need to collect), "Return them to the vault using the hidden code changed by the thieves".

That gives me no indication that I will have to find 35 additional caches after finding all the jewels.

Yes, I'd also interpreted that to mean the final step after locating all the jewels would be to just figure out the combination to the vault. Had that been the case, I probably would have persevered with it, with the sense of satisfaction in completing it justifying all the travel needed to get those jewels, but no, the extra 35 on top of that put it out of reach. I must say I had a lot more fun spending last weekend doing just one D3/T3 puzzle cache than I did the week before driving up and down the coast getting those 7 P&G caches for the detective and shadows/fingerprints/footprints.

• Upvote 1