App keeps reloading map tiles

Everytime I zoom or move the premium hiking map it clears the map and reloads it.

The map loads when there is a  good internet connection but it keeps reloading everytime you move it or zoom in (or out).  This is very annoying when there is no or poor connection, you can navigate fine but the moment you do something it clears and doesn’t reload due to no internet connection leaving you with no map. It seems like there is no cache for the map tiles.

Adding the cache to a list and making it available offline doesnt seem to improve it since this doesn’t download the most zoomed in map.

This behavior isn’t present in the Android app, there I can browse the map just fine with no connection without fear for it disapearing.

updating or reserting the app doesnt fix the problem.

I already complainted about that 9 months ago. See this thread. Still nothing done on that problem which is ashame, as the rest of the app works fine for me.

Except that for the last couple of days no tiles are downloaded when I save a list for offline use. I see only a dark gray grid.