Green square with white heart icon help.

zeus661

After a run a query I like to take the GPX file (1000 caches) and use POILoader to put them in my automotive GPS (Garmin Drive Smart 61). This allows me to drive on the streets to get closer to the cache and once close I navigate to it using my handheld Montana 650T (not locked on roads).  In the Drivesmart the caches show up as a large green square with a white heart in it.  I have figured out how to add an additional smaller icom which is a red square but can not figure out how to get the DriveSmart 61 to stop displaying the large green square with a white heart in it.  Any ideas?

Here is a picture of the green squares and white hearts. These only show up for the geocaching file I uploaded using the POI loader program. I have a few other files where they don’t show. All I want to show is the red square. Any thought?

7B675750-8E77-4892-87C0-63E999CF4DFE.jpeg

Related article from the Garmin site regarding custom icons:

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=gtDjiglxSO5nLNr3BP8m36

Maybe that will help.  I haven't done this sort of thing in years, but there is usually a place to choose the icon in a menu of some sort (e.g. Customize or something similar).  I'm guessing the icons are specific for each file that you download, and that is why you have the different icons, so you can tell which file it came from.

14 hours ago, zeus661 said:

After a run a query I like to take the GPX file (1000 caches) and use POILoader to put them in my automotive GPS (Garmin Drive Smart 61). This allows me to drive on the streets to get closer to the cache and once close I navigate to it using my handheld Montana 650T (not locked on roads).  In the Drivesmart the caches show up as a large green square with a white heart in it.  I have figured out how to add an additional smaller icom which is a red square but can not figure out how to get the DriveSmart 61 to stop displaying the large green square with a white heart in it.  Any ideas?

Those are "Favorites", the icons you get when adding a location manually (and when then not choosing an icon for it).  You might look at POILoader's output, and see if it designates an icon.  You could find/replace them all at once with "red dot icon" or another if you know what your car GPS calls them.  As for setting the right icon could be a job for GSAK.

A Montana 650 is made for use as a street routing device, use that instead.  Finding the right maps and managing them might be a challenge, but it sure beats managing icons on a car system.  I bought a routable official Garmin map SD card of the entire US, a couple of years ago, and haven't messed with a "map file" since. :anicute:

3 hours ago, kunarion said:

Those are "Favorites", the icons you get when adding a location manually (and when then not choosing an icon for it).  You might look at POILoader's output, and see if it designates an icon.  You could find/replace them all at once with "red dot icon" or another if you know what your car GPS calls them.  As for setting the right icon could be a job for GSAK.

A Montana 650 is made for use as a street routing device, use that instead.  Finding the right maps and managing them might be a challenge, but it sure beats managing icons on a car system.  I bought a routable official Garmin map SD card of the entire US, a couple of years ago, and haven't messed with a "map file" since. :anicute:

You are right those are Favorites but I did not put them in my Favorites.  I loaded them using the POI loader and I don't know of any setting in there to added them as Favorites also.  I deleted them all in Favorites and the green square with the white hearts are gone leaving just the little red squares.  Thank you