cache re-activation

300mag

Hi there

Hi have been away from geocaching for a long time but it seems my cache's are still popular. After getting notices that some have found them I  would like to know how to refresh/re activate my cache. 

Thanks for the info

Dan (300mag)

Which one? If it's archived, you probably won't be able to have it un-archived - especially because it looks like your caches were archived years ago.

You have two caches that are not archived. Do maintenance on them (any physical repairs and/or changes to the cache listing page), then log an Owner Maintenance log to clear the "needs maintenance" flag.

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1

Sure, and I don't understand your question. 

You ask how to refresh/ reactivate your caches.  Umm ... my answer would be "go refresh them."

Why is that an issue?  Are you no longer in the area where the caches are placed?

Are you asking how to take care of your caches?  Are you asking how to remove maintenance icons from them?  Are you asking how to unarchive them?

Really unsure how to help; therefore, unsure if I can.

• Upvote 1

Yes, refresh the two that are still active and don't forget to post an Owner Maintenance log as previously mentioned. Maybe review the D4.5 on the multi, it seems to have had a lot of finds compared to DNFs.

As for the archived ones, you could place new containers and list them provided the spots are still free.

Welcome back.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2
2 hours ago, 300mag said:

Hi have been away from geocaching for a long time but it seems my cache's are still popular. After getting notices that some have found them I  would like to know how to refresh/re activate my cache. 

Hard to tell (no one mentions it...) whether someone might have tided things over until you can fix whatever issues are with the two.  

There's a thread here on folks logging a Found it when only finding  parts  of caches, and it appears it happens often.

Many people don't want to "get involved...", so getting Found it logs after a Needs Maintenance can simply be folks are logging what's there, and moving on.

To "refresh" your caches, it'd be a good idea to return and fix whatever needs fixing, then log an Owner Maintenance.    :)