Mystery At The Museum - will not record my finds

Be-con

I have found six caches with "Sapphires" and each cache page states I have found 3/3 as required for the game.  However the Mystery at the Museum web page says I have only found 1 sapphire.  This is the last jewel needed to complete this level.  Any ideas?

49 minutes ago, geopupps said:

So we've found at least 6 caches today between my wife and I but didn't get credit for them. Same with the ones we found out of town over the weekend. (which was three) Why aren't we getting credit for these caches?

I can tell you exactly why. 

You get credit for the detective clue you found. After that, you need two each of the evidence clues, which you found 2 of, after you found 7 gems clues. You will get no credit for any gem caches until you collect all the evidence clues. You need 1 more shadow, 1 more fingerprint, and 2 footprint clues before you can start collecting the 15 gem clues. 

In order of your most recent find, going backwards:

Shadow, fingerprint, ruby, sapphire, ruby, emerald, emerald, topaz, topaz, detective.

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 2

Each part of this promotion needs to be done in order for any finds to count toward whatever goal it is you're attempting to complete.  That means that any caches that might have worked for a gem if you found them in the correct order, will NOT qualify you for the gem if you find them out of order.  This format made me log my caches in a manner that I normally don't do in order to make sure that I found each stage of the promotion in the correct order in the minimum amount of time and effort.  It IS a bit annoying but based on how they formatted it, it makes sense.

I don't know what you mean by "penalty" for deleting logs but if you click on "visit log" for your finds, you'll find the ability to edit or delete your finds.  However, I have no idea if deleting your find log would have any bearing on your ability to generate the correct order of finds for each stage of this promotion, especially if they're not the caches that qualify for the shadow, footprint, and fingerprint.  Someone logged one of my caches and then deleted the log but found out that the attached "souvenir" still stayed on his profile (detective - the first one).  I would assume that even if you delete your logs, the found tally (1/3, 2/3) for each of the second stage might still hold true to your account.  I have no idea if this is the case or not though, as it's purely conjecture on my part.

5 hours ago, rustynails. said:

I found all jewels and now need the 35. I logged 18 and got credit for none. 0/35 is wrong so this defective program needs to be fixed.

There can be a delay in updating your finds but if you found those 18 before you found all the jewels they wont count at all.