Personal Notes on TRACKABLE page's

little-leggs

1 hour ago, cerberus1 said:

Curious, where's the need ?  What's it for ?   For the TO, or finder ? 

This I'd like to see as a ( FINDER ) 
personal note , is what is says personal notes 

and the ability to add a photo to your notes would be a nice option .....

this might not before every ones liking , but its an option I'd like to see and be able to use .

on the back of that it would be nice if the set up page , whan you activate a TB , prompted you to add a photo 

3 minutes ago, little-leggs said:

this might not before every ones liking , but its an option I'd like to see and be able to use .

on the back of that it would be nice if the set up page , whan you activate a TB , prompted you to add a photo 

I thought it did. I'll have to check that when I activate a TB tomorrow. 

Edited by Max and 99
7 hours ago, little-leggs said:

personal notes 

please don't confuse this with 

LOG 

a note which is only able to be seen by the author  and no one else , not even by the T.O 

I would not care for this.  The trackable's page is the TO's.  If someone wants to watch a trackable, that function's there.

Otherwise, I can't understand what someone would want to do with another's property without them knowing

We already have enough logging errors naturally. 

Someone saving tracking codes "JIC" they might need it later,  to the trackable's page, I don't think is a good idea either. 

14 hours ago, little-leggs said:

Can you give some examples of how you would use this? I honestly can't think of any private notes I'd need to keep for a trackable.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, The A-Team said:

Can you give some examples of how you would use this? I honestly can't think of any private notes I'd need to keep for a trackable.

I don't mean to advocate for the proposal. I have had times when I wanted to put a personal note on a TB, but it only a couple times, and for very specific reasons, so it wasn't something I thought would be adding a feature for.

The times I've thought about it were when I was sorting out something about the TB for some reason, and wanted to remember something about it. For example, once I suspected a TB might be in a particular cache but not logged in there, so I wanted to put a note on it to remind myself where I thought it was and why so I could check on it some day. Not important, not my TB, just something I wanted to remember somewhere.

The other cases were TBs that were part of a puzzle cache of some sort. The one I remember was a TB that was a key to a cache box, and there were times when I was pretty sure someone had taken it from where it was listed and hadn't logged it yet, so I wanted to put a not on the TB to remind myself not to try to recover it until things sorted out.

Anyway, nothing important, just minor stuff like that. Basically, for one reason or another, it would have been convenient to temporarily put a post-it note on the TB page. But not convenient enough to add it to the TB page.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:53 PM, dprovan said:

I don't mean to advocate for the proposal. I have had times when I wanted to put a personal note on a TB, but it only a couple times, and for very specific reasons, so it wasn't something I thought would be adding a feature for.

The times I've thought about it were when I was sorting out something about the TB for some reason, and wanted to remember something about it. For example, once I suspected a TB might be in a particular cache but not logged in there, so I wanted to put a note on it to remind myself where I thought it was and why so I could check on it some day. Not important, not my TB, just something I wanted to remember somewhere.

The other cases were TBs that were part of a puzzle cache of some sort. The one I remember was a TB that was a key to a cache box, and there were times when I was pretty sure someone had taken it from where it was listed and hadn't logged it yet, so I wanted to put a not on the TB to remind myself not to try to recover it until things sorted out.

Anyway, nothing important, just minor stuff like that. Basically, for one reason or another, it would have been convenient to temporarily put a post-it note on the TB page. But not convenient enough to add it to the TB page.

in short what

dprovan

has said , I have had time when I've wanted to write something about a TB and would have liked a place to do it , like ( PERSONAL NOTES ) on cache pages 

not everyone thinks the same , not everyone uses thing like dropbox or clouds , I use ground speak and I’d like to have that option , others may not like the idea , some might like it and say wow why didn't I think of that .

I don't use all the functions available to me , but that doesn’t mean they’re not a good idea , how can we ever go forwards if every suggestion is looked at negatively

5 minutes ago, little-leggs said:

in short what

dprovan

has said , I have had time when I've wanted to write something about a TB and would have liked a place to do it , like ( PERSONAL NOTES ) on cache pages 

It looks (to me) that dprovan actually said, "  I have had times when I wanted to put a personal note on a TB, but it only a couple times, and for very specific reasons, so it wasn't something I thought would be adding a feature for. "   ;)

• Upvote 1