Bluetooth Caches from Huawei to Garmin oregon 750?

LandMB

I am trying to Bluetooth Caches from Huawei to Garmin oregon 750 via share in Geooh GO. I get a meesage saying 'Bluetooth share: Sent files 0 successful, 1 failed'.

Accoring to Garmin I should be able to send Geocaches from my phone to the 750, but I can't find a how to do it. Garmin talk of:-

1. From the app drawer, select Share Wirelessly.
  2. Select an option:
    • Select Send, and select a type of data.

• Select Receive to receive data from another device. The other compatible device must be attempting to send data.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

However I don't appear to have a 'Share Wirelessly' anywhere on the 750. I don't appear to have anything called 'app drawer' either. I am getting messages (emails), from my phone onto the 750 so the connection is OK.

Any help would gbe greatly appreciated.

37 minutes ago, LandMB said:

I am trying to Bluetooth Caches from Huawei to Garmin oregon 750 via share in Geooh GO.

Does it work like that?  "Geooh Go" specifically states that you can "share lists with nearby Geooh users", which would be to another phone.  Garmin's "Share Wirelessly" function sends waypoints and Geocaches between particular Garmin devices. 

You might ask the App developers. The Geooh Support Forum is here:

http://geooh.com/forum/

But you can set up a phone to send "Lists" and live caches to a Garmin Oregon 700.  This video is a short overview that shows how to open the App Drawer, by pushing the power button, and how to "send" live Geocaches from a connected phone:

Edited by kunarion

Thanks for the replies and the video (although I don't have a refresh button on my 750)?

Anyway it will save me tearing my hair out trying to bluetooth the caches.

I'll have a chat on Geooh Go and see if Ron can do anything. 

9 hours ago, LandMB said:

I am trying to Bluetooth Caches from Huawei to Garmin oregon 750

7 hours ago, Atlas Cached said:

For more detailed Share Wirelessly information for your Garmin Oregon 7x0, see GPSrChive > Oregon 7x0 > Applications > Share Wirelessly.

6 hours ago, LandMB said:

Yes, I've been there, thanks.

If so, why are you still trying to send geocaches from Geooh GO to your Oregon 750 via Bluetooth?

Some very helpful person posted a real cool video for you recently. :ph34r:

Assuming you've already done the "register your Garmin" process, press the power button (a quick tap), and the application drawer pops up.  Tap the "Geocaching" icon, and a map appears.  Select "The Geocache Map Screen"  (see the icon pressed at 0:59 in the video).  The "Refresh Button" is shown at 1:11 in that video.

Sorry, Garmin has started making GPSs more like phone Apps, where you have to dig through a maze of menus and perform unintuitive button/tap/swipes to perform actions that could be combined in one or two screens on even the Oregon 650.  I wouldn't have changed that.

Edited by kunarion
Just now, LandMB said:

Great help thanks kunarion. I think I have a lot to learn about this 750. We have had it for over a year and keep putting it away, just using phones. Hope I can get on with it this time. 

Thanks again. 

I have the same model, so I can test things.  But the 750 seems unfinished or a little buggy (mine instantly shut off twice while I was messing around with showing or hiding "Activities" this afternoon).  I installed a new map icon recently when my 750 arrived from the factory with the wrong icon (or it may have happened during the first update).  Anyway, maybe I can detail the steps to do things, if you have other questions.