[BUG] Reason for deletion of picture not sent

SN67

As a CO I have the ability to delete photos in logs. When doing that, I have to give a reason. That's a pretty good feature, even though I think it would be more appropriate if it was applied to deletion of  the entire log. Obviously, the message should turn up at the owner of the log, but apparently it doesn't :(  

I had a suspicion that nothing happened, (I didn't get a reply on the last message I sent)  so I tried it with a friends account. Yup! No message appeared at my friend! :( 

Edited by SN67

There have been a couple of other Forum mentions of Message Center weirdness recently.  I hope that it clears up quickly, and that there's some way to identify what did and didn't get to the intended destination.  I've sent a couple of messages as a CO, too, in the past 3 weeks or so.  Receipt of those messages is important in determining my follow-up. 

4 hours ago, SN67 said:

As a CO I have the ability to delete photos in logs. When doing that, I have to give a reason. That's a pretty good feature, even though I think it would be more appropriate if it was applied to deletion of  the entire log. Obviously, the message should turn up at the owner of the log, but apparently it doesn't :(  

I had a suspicion that nothing happened, (I didn't get a reply on the last message I sent)  so I tried it with a friends account. Yup! No message appeared at my friend! :( 

No, the owner of that photo doesn't get a notification that his photo was deleted.

4 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

No, the owner of that photo doesn't get a notification that his photo was deleted.

They used to.   According to the Help Center article on this topic, " 6. Enter the reason for image deletion. This text will be sent to the owner of the image." 

I can test this, use a basic member account to load an image to one of my caches, then log on as IK and delete it.

Here's how that looks. Eventually, I'd expect that text to show up as email to the basic member account.

image delete page july 2019.jpg

Edited by Isonzo Karst
4 minutes ago, Isonzo Karst said:

They used to.   According to the Help Center article on this topic, " 6. Enter the reason for image deletion. This text will be sent to the owner of the image." 

I can test this, use a basic member account to load an image to one of my caches, then log on as IK and delete it.

Here's how that looks. Eventually, I'd expect that text to show up as email to the basic member account.

image delete page july 2019.jpg

I apologize. 

I can confirm the bug in the OP.  My basic member account has received no email about the image deletion.

Listing https://coord.info/GC1BNYY  belonging to Isonzo Karst

Log https://coord.info/GLA1NM9H

user megarie logged on, uploaded a photo.  Then Isonzo Karst logged on and deleted it. No email sent (so far, over 30 minutes). In the past a deletion notice was sent, including the text in the box, and a link (i think I recall this) to the image.

1 minute ago, Isonzo Karst said:

I can confirm the bug in the OP.  My basic member account has received no email about the image deletion.

Listing https://coord.info/GC1BNYY belonging to Isonzo Karst

Log https://coord.info/GLA1NM9H

user megarie logged on, uploaded a photo.  Then Isonzo Karst logged on and deleted it. No email sent (so far, over 30 minutes). In the past a deletion notice was sent, including the text in the box, and a link (i think I recall this) to the image.

I believe you! I've just never seen it myself.