Mystery at the Museum problems

13 minutes ago, darrylthomas00 said:

I have the latest version of the app, 8.0.3, but I see nothing in the app about clues, nor anything event related. I've restarted my phone and signed out and back into the app. Am I forgetting or overlooking something?

Go to your profile. Click on Mystery at the Museum.

I also had this problem.  I'm was running 8.0.3 and nothing museum related showing up in the filter page, profile or on cache listing.  I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling and even though they were both 8.0.3 it showed up after I did that.

Edit:  Oddly my wife's phone is at 8.1.0 but I can't find or for an upgrade to that...

56 minutes ago, thebruce0 said:

If the install was the same version, maybe it was just a matter of logging out and back in?

I tried that first to no avail. 

I'm more interested that mine isn't as updated as my wife's and I wonder why that is.  Probably an older os.  Just hope it becomes compatible.

Are you using the same account just on different devices?  If it's the same account then the stats should be the same. (and if not, maybe report it; others have occasionally mentioned bugs in the clue counts iirc)

If you have different accounts then the stats may be different if your cache find log history since July 11th isn't identical.

11 minutes ago, thebruce0 said:

Are you using the same account just on different devices?  If it's the same account then the stats should be the same. (and if not, maybe report it; others have occasionally mentioned bugs in the clue counts iirc)

If you have different accounts then the stats may be different if your cache find log history since July 11th isn't identical.

You're misunderstanding.  I'm wondering why and how my wife has 8.1.0 of the app installed and I can only find 8.0.3 in the app store.

Oh I see what you mean now, not the stats being updated, but the app versions.

I don't see anything about which device or os you're both using.  If you're on iOS, then you should both absolutely be able to update to the latest app version. There've been no compatibility breaks since going from 32-bit to 64-bit (ios 11).  For Android, I have no idea :) Someone else will have to chime in on that.

So to recap:
You say your app is currently at v8.0.3, and while re-logging in didn't solve missing MATM content, deleting and reinstalling v8.0.3 did.  Your wife's app is at 8.1.0 - and is hers working fine? And for some reason your phone isn't able to update to 8.1.0?

1 minute ago, thebruce0 said:

So to recap:

You say your app is currently at v8.0.3, and while re-logging in didn't solve missing MATM content, deleting and reinstalling v8.0.3 did.  Your wife's app is at 8.1.0 - and is hers working fine? And for some reason your phone isn't able to update to 8.1.0?

Recap is perfect.  I guess we should go back to @darrylthomas00, try uninstalling and reinstalling and see if that helps.

It's no big deal, I was more speaking aloud.  Her phone is a lot newer so that's probably the issue.  We are in the android forum so we're definitely not on the iOS!  ?

56 minutes ago, ODragon said:

I'm wondering why and how my wife has 8.1.0 of the app installed and I can only find 8.0.3 in the app store.

I can explain this!

Geocaching is generally on a two week release cycle for the application, so every two weeks another minor version goes out.
For example going from 7.5.0, to 7.6.0, to 7.7.0, and so on.

When we start releasing the app, we slowly roll it out to a percentage of users and increase this percentage throughout the week. This way, if something weird happens, we can end the release quickly, fix it, and then roll it out again with the lowest overall impact.

So the short story is that your wife was one of the lucky users in first wave of the rollout!

Regular rollout strategy is to have the app be available to 100% of users near the end of the release week. That means you should have access to 8.1.0 right now!

So if you, or anyone else reading this, face a similar situation in the future, where one person has a higher app version than the other, but the other person can't download that version, know that the update will be available to you later on in that week :)

• Upvote 3
  • Helpful 1
29 minutes ago, geo_android said:

So the short story is that your wife was one of the lucky users in first wave of the rollout!

Thank you for the explanation.  Over in the iWorld, my old ipad, that works great still, is starting to hit end of life, no more os updates and more and more apps won't work on it because of that.

I was worried that gc app might be following on android.  I'm glad to hear it is just the way it rolls out.