Edit your account details, FIXED

elyob

Further to this subject, I have been getting an unusual number of these:

This SqlTransaction has completed; it is no longer usable.
in the past couple of days when submitting WMs.

Seems like more instability is creeping in, as that error is usually quite rare.

Keith

Ik krijg ook mijn profiel niet veranderd. Daar heb ik een mededeling staan dat ik tot 01 juli a.s. op vakantie ben en niet kan reviewen.

Ik kan dit NIET veranderen.
Al jaren gaat het steeds verder bergafwaarts. Waymarking is nooit geupdated sinds mijn membership vanaf 2005. 
En problemen op de slechte, b.v. een onbeveiligde http site (dat is so 1980s ? ), duren soms weken voor het wordt opgelost.
GS probeert al jaren mensen weg te jagen ipv te behouden. 
Ik was een waymarker en geen geocacher. Maar zal mijn membership a $30 per september 2019 niet meer verlengen. 
Ook heb ik bijna alle categorieen waar ik reviewer was verwijderd de laatste weken. Sorry beste vrienden. Groundspeak reviewers kunnen het schijnbaar beter. En doen het ook sneller zonder controle.
Misschien wordt het ooit nog eens beter op Waymarking maar dat gaat niet gebeuren, we klagen al jaren op dit forum.

De groeten, John.

I also don't get my profile changed. There I have a statement that I am on vacation until 01 July and cannot review.

I can NOT change this.
For years it has been going further downhill. Waymarking has never been updated since my membership from 2005.
And problems on the bad, e.g. an unsecured http website is so 1980s ? , sometimes take weeks to resolve.
GS has been trying to scare people away for years instead of keeping them.
I was a waymarker and not a geocacher. But will not renew my $ 30 membership as of September 2019.
I have also deleted almost all the categories where I was a reviewer in recent weeks. Sorry dear friends. Groundspeak reviewers can apparently do better. And they also do it faster without checking.
Maybe it will get better on Waymarking someday but that is not going to happen, we have been complaining on this forum for years.
Grtz John.

-----

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, Bernd das Brot Team said:

It does not only affect edits.

I have edits for two waymarks in a group a manage that need approval and no matter how often I check the "approved" box, nothing happens.

I found a workaround.  Ignore the message about the requested edit.  Go directly to the waymark and make the suggested edit, if appropriate.

13 minutes ago, elyob said:

Off topic but keeping the thread alive...I am so tired of reviewing waymark submissions that use pieces of dashcam footage.

Could you point me to one or more of these? I don't think I've had to review one and I'd like to see what the dashcam footage looks like.

Keith

2 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I complained about that months ago in the forum and didn't get any support.

Or maybe you could point one out - or even both of you.

Keith

Forgot: HELP Wayfrog Wayfrog Wayfrog Wayfrog Wayfrog

Edited by BK-Hunters
8 minutes ago, BK-Hunters said:

Could you point me to one or more of these? I don't think I've had to review one and I'd like to see what the dashcam footage looks like.

Keith

I certainly take my time approving such submissions.  Besides that work-to-rule tactic, I don't know what else to do.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.

Sad. I had just decided to get into Waymarking, since I enjoy rambling the feature-rich countryside for miles around. I have maintained a premium membership, more out of nostalgia than anything else, having become bored with standard geocaching but reluctant to cut the cord. I have switched off the auto-renew feature and unless there are signs that some investment is being made in the Waymarking strand I shall not renew.

Edited by Hoppity Hare
Clarity

I contacted Geocaching HQ this is the response.

Thank you for writing in to Geocaching HQ.

Which internet browser are you using? You can determine your browser and version info here: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

You may need to log out of your Geocaching.com account, clear your browser's cookies and cache, then log back into your account. We also suggest trying a different browser.

Has anyone been able to correct this problem?  If so, what browser are you using and how did you correct this problem?

We are still unable to edit our account after doing all that was requested, except we did not change browsers. 

• Surprised 1

I get the same message in IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.  I think I will accidentally leave this font in my message.

Runtime Error

Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.

3 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I get a never-ending loop to log in. 

It seems there is always someone for whom a feature won't work while it works for everyone else.

The usual suggestions are - try another browser, dump cookies, logout and back in again, etc. Sometimes one of these will actually work.

Good Luck!

Keith

I'm going to switch my other conversation to this thread. 

I did some investigating today on why I cannot edit my profile details, relating to GDPR. 

Amazon silk on kindle: continual log-in loop

Chrome on my phone: continual log-in loop

Firefox on desktop: continual log-in loop if I de-select "remember me (not recommended for a shared computer); I can edit my details if I click "remember me/cookies". 

Firefox explorer on desktop: continual log-in loop IF I don't click "remember me/cookies", which isn't recommended if I'm sharing a computer (library) to access the Waymarking site. If I do click on Remember me/cookies, then it DOES allow me to edit my profile details.