Back in Joplin, MO

Sine Mora

I started geocaching in 2009 with my then young daughters.  An awful lot of life happened since then, including a move to Joplin, MO.  My young kids are now 17 and 20 and we just hid a cache on our property (it's pending approval.  super easy micro-cache) .  

Wondering how many active geocachers there are in this region.  I own a small business in town and would consider hosting/sponsoring a CITO event.  I've planned many large events, but never a geocaching event so I suppose I have some reading to do.  

Cheers!

Hello,

Not sure what all is considered this region, but we live in Fredericktown, MO.

My wife grew up in and around Joplin and Webb City.  I've also had a few relatives live there over the years.

I want to place a cache really bad, but I can't think of a good place that I could get permission on.

We (wife and I) talked about putting one on our property, out close to the street, but I  am afraid of liabilities of someone getting hurt or the dogs going after a stranger.

If I ever place a cache, I want it too be somewhat challenging or creative and be big enough to put stuff in, like a big log, FTF coin, several Trackables, some swag, etc...