Vandalizing logs

Geocaching is supposed to be a family-friendly game.  The behavior by both these individuals contradicts that.

I think geocachers should periodically re-visit the Help Center (https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php) or review the terms of use (https://www.geocaching.com/account/documents/termsofuse).

17 minutes ago, 5Dots said:

Geocaching is supposed to be a family-friendly game.  The behavior by both these individuals contradicts that.

I think geocachers should periodically re-visit the Help Center (https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php) or review the terms of use (https://www.geocaching.com/account/documents/termsofuse).

You're speaking to the choir.   :)

What really steams my grits though,  is some buttinski getting involved,  turning a cache page into a forum, and couch-logging NA .

19 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

What really steams my grits though,  is some buttinski getting involved,  turning a cache page into a forum, and couch-logging NA .

I agree. While many of us have opinions on what's going on, if you aren't directly involved in the issue, don't insert yourself into it (if only for the sake of your own sanity). Too often we see someone from the forums take it upon themselves to "help" even though they don't have a dog in the fight, only to cause bigger issues. Let's leave it up to the parties that are already involved to sort things out. If they can't find a way to be civil with each other, just be glad you don't live in that area.

21 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

What really steams my grits though

I know this is an idiom, and idioms don't have to make sense, but does anyone cook grits by steaming them? I was under the impression that grits are cooked by simmering them in boiling liquid (like oatmeal, or farina, or quinoa, or any number of other grains).

But I digress...

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 3
57 minutes ago, niraD said:

I know this is an idiom, and idioms don't have to make sense, but does anyone cook grits by steaming them? I was under the impression that grits are cooked by simmering them in boiling liquid (like oatmeal, or farina, or quinoa, or any number of other grains).

But I digress...

That's OK, I'll go along with you...

Since the idiom implies a negative reaction, perhaps the point is that if you steam someone's grits, you're cooking them wrong.

• Funny 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1

In a decade of caching there have been several COs whom I found consistently displeasing - poor hides, poor listings, poor CO practices, whatever. If it was a Reviewer-enforceable issue I notified the Reviewer. But one thing I always did: stopped looking for their caches. There are lots of other caches out there I do want to find.

Hatecaching seems a strange hobby.

Edited by JL_HSTRE
Missing punctuation
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, LewisClan77 said:

Just for the record, the OP is a full grown adult. His profile is all about his son Dylan

It's still a 5-year old's reaction to go out to FTF his caches just to sign across the middle of the log, no matter who the CO is.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

I don't think that's correct.

Why?  The account has been active for over 10 years, and unless the "kid" is 23 years old (making him not a kid anymore - except in his parents eye's) the account has been run by an adult for at least part of that time.

29 minutes ago, The Jester said:

Why?  The account has been active for over 10 years, and unless the "kid" is 23 years old (making him not a kid anymore - except in his parents eye's) the account has been run by an adult for at least part of that time.

I think he's a teenager.

Edited by Max and 99
22 minutes ago, The Jester said:

Read his bio...

" Jump forward to 2015. I'm going into the 7th Grade "

• Helpful 1
On 7/16/2019 at 3:35 PM, cerberus1 said:

Yeah...  Kinda surprised it's still there, really. 

Most we see with wording like this have an opportunity to correct it or get their accounts locked, and/or a couple locals claim DNF because it's been pitched by someone equally ignorant.

On 7/16/2019 at 12:04 PM, K13 said:

From the Prissy Schmuck #1 cache page

I'll bet that wasn't on the cache page when it was submitted for review.

And it continues with new listings. 

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:36 PM, DylanT6951 said:

A local cacher has made a point to vandalize our cache logs by not following a request of writing on the log sequentially. They make it a point to write anywhere and over multiple lines sometimes so large they take up the whole strip page.

What are your thoughts.

Thanks

Maybe hide larger caches with bigger logbooks or sheets instead of thin little strips?

• Upvote 1