scrabblecat

scrabblecat

You don't have the trackable listed on your profile.  That's what needs to done first.    :)

Did you remember to at least write down the code ?

You Retrieve it from a cache, and it's in your possession.  You Drop it into a later cache, and it's now gone from your inventory

- So you'd Retrieve it from Fraggle Rock, and Drop it in Rusty's Watering Hole...     ;)   

You don't say whether you 're using a pc or your phone, so for logging covering both, a link's here.     

A lot more detail on trackable basics can be read  here.

If you already knew all that...   :laughing:     

If the issue is with the code, maybe a letter or number looks the same as another.  For instance o (oh) and 0 (zero), 3 and 8,...

Of course if you forgot to write down the code, you can just chalk it up to a teaching moment, or go back to write it down from the one you dropped it into.

Odds are by the time you went back, someone grabbed it already. 

Edited by cerberus1
can' splell

If you're logging from the website, there was and probably still is a bug where if you enter an incorrect tracking code at any point, any other code (correct or incorrect) you enter after that will be shown as invalid. I can't remember now whether just closing the browser is enough to reset it or if you need to log out and log back in again.

2 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

If you're logging from the website, there was and probably still is a bug where if you enter an incorrect tracking code at any point, any other code (correct or incorrect) you enter after that will be shown as invalid. I can't remember now whether just closing the browser is enough to reset it or if you need to log out and log back in again.

Just go back to Play/Trackables and start over.  That's what I do when that happens.  No need to log out or close the page.  I wish they would just fix the glitch instead. 

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:20 PM, scrabblecat said:

I have found a trackable at GC57FRX and moved it to GC1X8FD but when I try to log it anything I start to type in says invalid. I'm new to trackable as it's first one so how can I log it?

sorry to make it more confusing for you but not all trakables are geocaching.com's other websites also have trakables to that can only be logged on their site.

Also, if you using the app to try and log things, the tracking code field WILL say invalid code UNTIL you enter the full 6 characters of the tracking code.  It threw me at first too - continue typing it in and once you get the whole thing entered, it will accept it, if it is, in fact, a valid code.