Garmin 64 not acquiring satellites

Lizrdh

HI! I've had this unit for almost five years with no problems. All of a sudden it's stopped acquiring satellites. I've done a hard reset a couple of times and as soon as I power it on, it works, then loses satellites minutes later. Has anyone experienced this and if so, have you learned of a solution?

Edited by Lizrdh
wrong terminology

Yes, mine does this.

To get round it, I change the GPS setting (setup / system menu) from 'GPS+GLONASS' to 'GPS' only. If I use it like this for a couple of hours, then change it back to GPS+GLONASS, it works fine ......... until the next time !

I'm in the UK.

I've run into this issue a few times in the past with my Oregon 600, and a previous discussion here showed that a few others had experienced the same thing. In fact, I experienced this issue again this weekend. I guess I had switched GLONASS back on at some point, but it decided it didn't like that again, so I'm back to just GPS again. I think the 64 series uses similar software/firmware as the Oregon 600 series, so there must be a bug in there somewhere.

• Helpful 1