How to stop notifications

Randy58

Is it possible for the owner of a travel bug to stop receiving notifications each type a travel bug is found or moved?  I have a travel bug that is in Europe and has been to several travel bug gatherings and while I am happy that the travel bug is still active, I grow tired of all of the notification emails from the cachers who copy the tracking number.  Any suggestions?

50 minutes ago, Randy58 said:

Is it possible for the owner of a travel bug to stop receiving notifications each type a travel bug is found or moved?  I have a travel bug that is in Europe and has been to several travel bug gatherings and while I am happy that the travel bug is still active, I grow tired of all of the notification emails from the cachers who copy the tracking number.  Any suggestions?

You don't want to be happy? B)

Look at the incoming email, and you could set mail filters based on it.  That may help.

• Upvote 1

I recently had hundreds of discoveries of each of about 15 TBs. Although a nuisance, they were quick to delete. Every email with discover I grabbed as a group and deleted. One thing though I learnt from this; I will never allow my own TBs to be discovered this way again. They are NOT going on any list again.

2 hours ago, NanCycle said:

Good idea,  but that's not really within your control.  

I heard some TB owners deleted all the 'discovers' from the event. This list appeared to be very unpopular with some geocachers. Except for the fact I had allowed my TB to go on the list (VERY naively), I would have been very tempted to do the same.

17 hours ago, Goldenwattle said:

I heard some TB owners deleted all the 'discovers' from the event. This list appeared to be very unpopular with some geocachers. Except for the fact I had allowed my TB to go on the list (VERY naively), I would have been very tempted to do the same.

We know some who are adamant about it...   

- Even when I explained that Discovers on a list made prior for an event,  isn't the same as one who is actually helping the TO.

Now that my caching has slowed (I'm injured, and just too busy), odds are I'm only Discovering a trackable (unless it sat for some time).

My Discover log will say what condition it's in, what cache I found it in,   or ...

- the name of the "cacher" who's had your trackable for ten months, and now dumping it in a pile,  with a bag fulla others  to an event I'm attending.   :)

Edited by cerberus1
addification