The case of the disappearing Scavenger Hunts

Panic. Panic. Take a deep breath. Panic. Panic. Where's Wayfrog? Panic. Panic. Breathe.  Breathe.

Where the heck did 4/5 of my scavenger hunts go?  Gone!!! Panic, Panic, Panic, Panic.

EIGHT years of missing hunts. EIGHT years!

The first thing I noticed when I logged onto the website today was that there were only two waymarks showing under "newest waymarks" when there is always about 5 showing in the small screen.

Then my scavenger hunts are missing.

Panic, Panic, Panic.

I worked EXTREMELY hard on those scavenger hunts, and they are GONE!!

Urgent, Urgent, Drop all fixes of the Mystery at the Museum and please fix the Waymarking site. Post haste!!!

Edited by Max and 99
  • Funny 1

Another odd thing with a Scavenger Hunt (I know nothing will be fixed, but this is documentation of the problem):

Last night I finally, after 2 1/2 years, finished a big scavenger hunt!  908 days, 23 hours, 57 minutes. So glad to see the system state that it was "completed".  Red check mark, to show it was done and recorded.

Today when I was able to access the computer and upload photos, I went to the hunt and still see the red check mark and the words "completed". So far, so good, but then I scrolled down to find a waymark I needed to upload a photo for, it shows as NOT visited. Nothing. No visit log. The WMO did not delete it.

A second theory, based on my conversation with the WMO: the scavenger hunt marked complete before the last waymark was visited, and I only thought I had visited it since I saw that the hunt was complete. This is a very odd behavior, and the first I've seen, but a logical explanation.

Edited by Max and 99